Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone
My drivers side window regulator decided to fail again after having it replaced about 4y ago. So found the part off Ebay, seller confirmed it fits so went ahead and bought it.
Now Just had the Window Regulator Lifter Front RH replaced by the mechanic but the problem is that the window when shut doesn't go as high as before, drove it at approx 40mph and there's wind noise. it's
quite visible that it's not going all the way in, especially visible towards the back of the car. Now the mechanic says he's adjusted as high as possible and doesn't have any idea why this is happening. He compared the old and new window regulator side by side and looked the same
Any suggestions please, apreciate the help. (y)

·
Registered
269 Posts
It needs adjusted up - most need a wee bit of fettling after a new regulator. (but that is bad)

Open the door, lie under it and you'll see two bungs, one near the front of the door and one at the rear. The front one lifts the front of the window up, the rear one, the rear...

Wind the window all the way down, remove the bung and with a long reach allen keys, turn the adjuster. One turn clockwise = 1mm higher. Finding the hex bolt can be pretty challenging as it's dark in there but once you get a feel for it, it's ok.

To test the adjustment you need to wind the window up and close the door so it lifts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Although if you paid someone to fit that i'd be tempted to take it back and ask them to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the speedy and helpful reply, I will take the car back and hopefully get it properly fixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts