Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my car will be here in about 6 wks time and having initially gone for the Autoglym option with the dealer (at a cost of 300GBP) I have changed my mind following all the advice/experience posted on this forum. I will now be instructing my dealer to remove the shrink wrap and not to do anything else to it.

My quandry is now that after having done a internet search on google and on detailingworld.com, I can't seem to locate a pro detailer that I am happy with.

I don't want to go for a mobile detailer because I currently live in the middle of a building site (ie a new build development) so there is always clouds of dust and diggers and trucks etc going by all day. I would rather take the car somewhere and have it detailed under cover. A forum member recommended Polished Bliss but they seem to be located in the Aberdeen area, although I like the fact that they have dedicated premises where they work on their cars.

What I am looking for is someone with a similar setup but in the Central Scotland area. Does anyone know of a detailer that will do a really pristine job under cover?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jim,

The guy I have been using for several years is Scotland based, he 'tours' the country doing cars outside, he does not have a workshop to work from...

I cant recommend him enough, he is very popular on the TT forum and Porsche forum.. He predominantly uses Swissol now called Swissvax I think...

This is the thread of his upcoming tour.. Here

G

·
Jim,

The guy I have been using for several years is Scotland based, he 'tours' the country doing cars outside, he does not have a workshop to work from...

I cant recommend him enough, he is very popular on the TT forum and Porsche forum.. He predominantly uses Swissol now called Swissvax I think...

This is the thread of his upcoming tour.. Here

I formerly used David aka jac-in-a-box to detail my RS6 Avant...can't recommend him highly enough. He can be depended upon and trusted too...:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I will check both of them out. I would still prefer to get someone to do the work from a workshop so will still keep an eye out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks Guys, I will check both of them out. I would still prefer to get someone to do the work from a workshop so will still keep an eye out.
They are one and the same:D

I like many others feed Dave and give him a room for the night, he is a top bloke and as mentioned above will not let you down...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.