Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In US, pricing has not yet been announced but was told that we'd have pricing by the 1st week of September. Well it is going to be the 2nd week soon and have not heard a thing. Any guesses?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Probably expect it at the end of the week (COB Friday).

The ordering for A5's in the US opened up last Friday evening.

So perhaps check on Saturday.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Pricing is now available for the US. Just ask your dealer or look here.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
AB thanks for the pricing list! I guess my estimates about the A5 starting around 40 grand are correct. Audi did a very nice job in pricing the A5/S5 so that it can be competitive against the competition.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't understand what Side Assist is? Can anyone enlighten me?
I had the same question. Link

AB thanks for the pricing list! I guess my estimates about the A5 starting around 40 grand are correct. Audi did a very nice job in pricing the A5/S5 so that it can be competitive against the competition.
Your welcome. I'm pumped about the B&O. My wife agreed with me that if it's less than $1000 USD then it's worth it. However, since I'm getting an A5 then I'm more shocked about the automatic transmission being available in the same timeframe. So now I have myself wondering if I should go that route for resale purposes??? My first thoughts are no since it's a coupe. What do you think?

·
Registered
677 Posts

Your welcome. I'm pumped about the B&O. My wife agreed with me that if it's less than $1000 USD then it's worth it. However, since I'm getting an A5 then I'm more shocked about the automatic transmission being available in the same timeframe. So now I have myself wondering if I should go that route for resale purposes??? My first thoughts are no since it's a coupe. What do you think?
Thanks for the reply.

Getting the tiptronic on the A5 may be a smart move. I would stay with the manual on the S5 though.

·
Registered
97 Posts

AB, how comfortable are you with driving a manuel? Is there is lots of traffic in you area? I would love to drive a manuel but honestly I'm not too good at it and I also encounter lots of traffic congestions here in So. Cal... So the automatic transmission is the only choice for me.

I don't think having an automatic transmission will help resale value, maybe the choice of transmission is more dependent on the area you live than resale value.

Let us know how your ordering goes AB, can't wait to see those pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
audi s line package

what is the difference in the s5 with or without the sports package, I thought the s5 has the sport bumpers and grill , seats, etc.. does any body know how this will look, the european model shown on the web site seems to be the s5 . my dealer called me today about the pricing and wanted me to spec my car out he said the sports package is not worth it.
As far as leasing goes he said the residual will be around 54% and the money factor around .00285 so you can calculate a lease being around $1000 a month with no money down..

·
Registered
487 Posts
AB, how comfortable are you with driving a manuel? Is there is lots of traffic in you area? I would love to drive a manuel but honestly I'm not too good at it and I also encounter lots of traffic congestions here in So. Cal... So the automatic transmission is the only choice for me.

I don't think having an automatic transmission will help resale value, maybe the choice of transmission is more dependent on the area you live than resale value.

Let us know how your ordering goes AB, can't wait to see those pictures.

I'm pretty comfortable with a manual even though its been a while. Not as much traffic here compared to So. Cal. So for the A5 I am leaning towards the manual transmission.

The ordering was very easy. Completed this with the dealership last weekend, however delivery might be a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quick breakdown.... A5

A5 ......................... $39,900.00

Destination .................. 775.00
Tiptronic ................... 1,300.00
Convenience Pack. ..... 1,300.00
S Line Pack. .............. 2,900.00
Navigation ................ 2,390.00
Bang & Olufsen ............. 850.00
Side Assist .................. 500.00
Technology Pack. ....... 1,700.00

Total(fully loaded)......$51,615.00

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quick breakdown.... S5

S5 .......................... $50,500.00

Destination ................... 775.00
Tiptronic .................... 1,300.00
Navigation ................. 2,390.00
Bang & Olufsen .............. 850.00
Side Assist ................... 500.00
Technology Pack. ........ 1,700.00

Total(fully loaded) .... $58,015.00

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow, AB, big score with the memo. My dealer promised me he'd keep me in the loop and send me these things when they come out, but didn't.

Looks like My S5 will come in with destination at about $56K, sweet. (B&O for just $850 is a great deal.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just talked with my dealer, pricng is 50,500 and 775 destination. Also was told the nav would be 2390 and B7O 850. Don't know about the tech package or side assist pricing. Didn't get those.:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick breakdown.... S5

S5 .......................... $50,500.00

Destination ................... 775.00
Tiptronic .................... 1,300.00
Navigation ................. 2,390.00
Bang & Olufsen .............. 850.00
Side Assist ................... 500.00
Technology Pack. ........ 1,700.00

Total(fully loaded) .... $58,015.00

You forgot tax. Nj is 7%.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

You so aren't going to get a stick because of resale value. Aren't you thinking a little too far ahead? You don't even have the car yet are you are thinking about resale value?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Anyone have confirmation about whether or not there will be a "gas guzzler" tax imposed on the S5 in the U.S.? I'm thinking that could possibly add approximately another $2,000 to the price of the S5. :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts