Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
haha yeah 80 months is insane... indeed it was from a credit union. i applied for 60 and they said i could take 80 with no interest affected. went with 80 as id pay less for the car because im selling it in 2 years for the RS5...

a lot of lambo/ferrari owners take out 10 year loans on their cars... so they can "rent" them for a cheaper price for a few years... then sell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just fyi but this equates to about 350 a month, however, the interest over the term is what kills you albeit slightly via the lower monthly pmt (vs the 500/mo for a 60mo loan), with about 1,500 extra in interest over the 80mo term vs the 60mo term (for those that care...)

if one is able to get the longer term, with no effect to interest, then all the better :cool:
well $500 a month x 80 months = $40k

means i paid $65k for the car instead of $60k w/tax... Not that terrible

·
Registered
55 Posts
That makes sense. I always figured that since those cars hold their value. The 80 month loan thing is interesting. I always like to match depreciation against loan value as best I can. Just make sure you have gap coverage so if it gets totalled your not under water.
oh i def have GAP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts