Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what kind of deals people are getting out there(mostly looking for u.s., but uk could post to, im sure it'll help someone)
-If you think its a little to personal to post, then just dont post lol

-Final Price of Car
-Money Down
-Intrest Rate
-Tax
-Monthly Payment
-How many months finanaced for

For leases(include money factor and other relevant info I guess)

·
Registered
182 Posts
credit unions will do it.. they're not popular with banks because with the initial depreciation you can get very upside down in the first few years, it's a higher risk to the bank..

·
Registered
103 Posts
i cant help but find this thread completely ridiculous. everyone knows how much this car costs, almost down to the penny. everyone knows there is very little in the way of concessions right now because it is limited. maybe you get free audi care, maybe you get $1000 off. maybe. sales tax is a pretty transparent figure, can look it up anywhere. interest rates? really? there are tons of monthly payment calculators online.

sorry to rant but i just dont see the point of this... i thought the OP already said he was NOT buying an S5. why start digging into people's personal information then? i know we all have the option to just ignore and not respond, but i still dont get the point. but thats just me...

there. now i'm mad at nothing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I havent made a 100% complete final decision(plus this isn't neccesarily only for my benefit)(none of the threads on this site are for any 1 person-they help multiple people).....this is just to compare what people are paying(monthly and what kind of financing rate and so on)...such as finallys5 who decided to set up a 80month financing-nothing wrong with that-i find it intresting though-and would like to see how everyone else has set there financing and leases

·
Registered
55 Posts
haha yeah 80 months is insane... indeed it was from a credit union. i applied for 60 and they said i could take 80 with no interest affected. went with 80 as id pay less for the car because im selling it in 2 years for the RS5...

a lot of lambo/ferrari owners take out 10 year loans on their cars... so they can "rent" them for a cheaper price for a few years... then sell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
a lot of lambo/ferrari owners take out 10 year loans on their cars... so they can "rent" them for a cheaper price for a few years... then sell.
That makes sense. I always figured that since those cars hold their value. The 80 month loan thing is interesting. I always like to match depreciation against loan value as best I can. Just make sure you have gap coverage so if it gets totalled your not under water.

·
Registered
41 Posts
$58,015 loaded
$25,000 down
4.95%
ummmm maybe $2,000???
$500
80 months
just fyi but this equates to about 350 a month, however, the interest over the term is what kills you albeit slightly via the lower monthly pmt (vs the 500/mo for a 60mo loan), with about 1,500 extra in interest over the 80mo term vs the 60mo term (for those that care...)

if one is able to get the longer term, with no effect to interest, then all the better :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
just fyi but this equates to about 350 a month, however, the interest over the term is what kills you albeit slightly via the lower monthly pmt (vs the 500/mo for a 60mo loan), with about 1,500 extra in interest over the 80mo term vs the 60mo term (for those that care...)

if one is able to get the longer term, with no effect to interest, then all the better :cool:
well $500 a month x 80 months = $40k

means i paid $65k for the car instead of $60k w/tax... Not that terrible

·
Registered
55 Posts
That makes sense. I always figured that since those cars hold their value. The 80 month loan thing is interesting. I always like to match depreciation against loan value as best I can. Just make sure you have gap coverage so if it gets totalled your not under water.
oh i def have GAP

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think is a bad idea to finance over 60mo, 1st off it all depends in your own finances and what's all about is how much out of pocket you give monthly... the good side of lenghty finance is that if you have extra money, you apply that directly to the principal, whareas in a fixed payment at less # of months, you pretty much reached your potential in hope of pay it off quickly...

I just bought in December an Aveo5 for commute and I did finance only $6K.. leaving payments of about $120/mo... I could have paid it right away indeed, but it was not convenient... right now I do pay about $400/mo and I'm at the point where I could start to skip payments if I get un-expected situations..

IMO FinallyS5 made a good choice, that fits on his plan (and budget of course).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.