Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep you guys read it right it is now $54,750 for manual ($2900 increase) and is now $57,750 for a tiptronic ($4400 increase) i hate to see this but i still think i'm going to pay it however i thought all this talk of just $500 or $600 bucks i was quite relieved but oh well thats how the cookie crumbles i guess what do you guys think..

·
Registered
483 Posts
yep you guys read it right it is now $54,750 for manual ($2900 increase) and is now $57,750 for a tiptronic ($4400 increase) i hate to see this but i still think i'm going to pay it however i thought all this talk of just $500 or $600 bucks i was quite relieved but oh well thats how the cookie crumbles i guess what do you guys think..
how can that be? the 2009 price guide tells a different story. Are you sure that your base prices didn't include a package that cost $2900?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
just this morning on audi.ca i seen those price guides too for the 09's but sure enough its right there on the website. Go to the Build your audi section. its all there $68,800 for manual S5 and $71,800 for automatic S5 believe me i'm just as pissed about this as you guys i pray the price guide is right but its all there i don't know what to think now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cry me a river! :mad:

..just kidding, kind of.

Go have look what the car costs in the Euro zone, and run it through www.xe.com that'll make make you feel better. :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know isn't it a bunch of crap the poor americans have to pay a whopping 40 grand and we get stuck with this, i wanna cancel but thing is what do I go for nothing looks wise even comes close to an A5 i'm thinking a 2007 XK jag but its more moolah infiniti is nice but yaa no lol and BMW 335 roughly same price now but not big on the look of it AHHH!

·
Registered
50 Posts
which city are u from, ed or calgary?

i know the a5 looks amazing, but i'd rather buy from the states. what is mind boggling is that our dollar has been for the most part the better of the two currencies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna call my dealer right now i'll let you guys know how it turns out i wanna see what they say on this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm edmonton i got mine from al edwards at southgate audi. I know its crazy i'm looking for some in the US too as we speak they are going for like 52k for a loaded A5 lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
its an error dude. i just called. dude has an 09 sheet as well. and its 53350

i called calgary, cause i too ordered mine from southgate and didnt want to keep bothering them
have u got a build date yet? if so when? what color did u order?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha ohh thank the good lord above, i'm definitly glad i was just about to dial mine thats strange they'd have that tho its such precise numbers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no not yet for me i ordered mine april 2nd and still nothing so i'm hoping in a month or two she goes to production what about you??

·
Registered
50 Posts
i dunno you should call southgate and ask too! just to confirm.

i ordered in january. finally got a build date for august. delivery for oct?

what color u get?

mines black sline, but i managed to grab some s5 rims from the states.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very nice ya im' going to right away i got black with cinnamon brown 'Y' wheels nav, BnO,tech, milano leather and i think side assist since on the 09's it comes with tech so i imagine thats in there too. i'm in lloydminster about 2 hours east of edmonton.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got confirmation and its a mistake on the website so if anyone sees it don't panic it very well could be Al said he'd talk to the owner but he's on holidays then everyone on the list should get an e-mail with a better update either everyone or just his customers i'm not sure but yes don't panic its wrong just the 2200 dollar tech package price that was all he said.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was at a dealership here in Toronto this weekend and the pricing for 09 was 'very similar' to 2008. He also said their demo would be available soon -- Meteor Gray/S-line/Nav (@MSRP)

·
Registered
128 Posts
its unbelievable.. while every other car manufacturer is racing to cut prices for Canadian market cars, Audi is jacking up the prices?? This is crazy. $4k increase?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts