Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Whoa... that can't possibly be correct, can it?! If this is any indication of US prices, my allocation might become available for someone else...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I heard a lot of rumors on the S5 price going up...anywhere from 5-15%!!! So it is definitely a possibility. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Doesn't Ireland have some new CO2 tax legislation coming into effect July 1. That might be the reason?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's unfortunate that threatening to take my deposit back is of little to no consequence to the dealer since it'll be able to sell the car to someone less concerned about saving for retirement.

SGTAngry - If they jack up prices, let's cause a little SF ruckus. Maybe we can unleash Dumpster Muffin on their dealerships (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yUPEMflUTuk).

·
Registered
423 Posts
Doesn't Ireland have some new CO2 tax legislation coming into effect July 1. That might be the reason?
Yep the market is in turmoil here with the upcoming introduction of co2 based tax on cars.

I bought my A5 1.8T havin carried out all the research possible. The new tax system meant that the car was coming down by 500 euro if I waited until july. This was only a minor change so I went ahead and got the car early in the year. Now however, Audi are dropping the price by 4,900 simply to compete with deisel models which are benefiting greatly under the new system and also most bmw s are dropping hugely.

New 520d bmw
was 55,000 euro with 600 euro 'road tax' per year,
now 46,000 euro with 150 euro 'road tax' per year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts