Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Timing chain will be expensive and it is not urgent - just noisy - so leave it until needed.
Supercharger and aux belt should be done every 60K IIRC.
Not everyone gets pulley failure - I have heard of cars into the 100Ks on the original but I also heard of one failing at less than 30K.
Based on its infamy, the DSG should get the TLC. Consider getting the gear oil done as well as the ATF, and for the latter remove the sump and replace the internal filter.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Audi stopped producing manual gearbox cars in ROW (as opposed to NA) from 2012 facelift.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Also Dave is correct "big oil leak" does not necessarily equal disaster. You need details.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
FYI I purchased my vdamper direct (and paid the import customs duty) and took it to MRC. Doug was happy to fit it instead of the single piece one they normally use. Fortunately he also fitted the correct size drive belt because the one it came with was too small. But if you go this route double check on the size. Someone at MRC told me that their standard size is 189mm which is why mine is, however various forum threads suggest that this is not true, and something Doug said to me while I was there suggests it too.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
MRC were happy to fit and Stage 2 tune with the pulley/belt I supplied but I got no extra gains over their Stage 2 tunes with 179mm pulleys.
I wonder about that. Based on what Doug told me I know that my map was tweaked because my pulley was bigger. Yes that tweak could have been to compensate for the up to 5% extra airflow by changing the bypass valve map. However they are more used to matching the fuelling and timing maps to the higher airflow from larger pulleys and so it would have been easier to do that.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Could we believe that a mechanic who overtightens the filter could also make a mess of torque sequencing the pan bolts?

• Helpful
Reactions: djsedo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts