Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just curious whether anyone has used or currently using powerflex bushes.
If so how do you find them, are they worth installing or should I look at different one?

I have a a5 2.0t fwd 211, which needs all front upper arm bushes replaced and front lower rear arm bushes replaced.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
780 Posts
My car was re-bushed last winter, did most of the bushings for the major moving suspension components, though here a mix between rose-joints and powerflex and the static bushes (mostly rear subframe and diff) did get a combo of powerflex bushes and inserts to fit in voids in the OEM bushes.

Shitloads of labour so if you're low on cash either DIY or don't do it at all. My car isn't as much as a daily so the famous poly squeak is only ever so slightly present on major and big compressions of the suspension, so completely liveable. That being said, there is a slight hint of transmission whine coming through, which I can only assume is caused by the rear diff and subframe bushings and inserts. Otherwise the moveable suspension components are nice and tight.

Not sure if that answers any of your thoughts. But my final "advice" is only to fit poly bushings with intent. If yours is a daily where the rest of the components are OEM I would just stick with OEM rubber tbh. Mine is severely lowered with a quality KW damper, with some of the parts rose jointed so I deliberately went for a tighter suspension setup. I don't have any associated rattle or squeak (for now) but we'll see how it goes with these harsh and wet winters and whether that will be the case for the next few seasons.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts