Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me with my problem. I bought new seats , the new one have neck heating. In the green connector there are 2 extra wires. Hopefully some could help me how to connect. The first photo is the connector with no neck heating. The new connector have an thick wire green/ black and thin wire purple white. Thank you in advance

Best regards Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You need to download the wiring diagrams from erwin audi. Neck heating on the cabrio is not simply adding power to the connector. it has 2 additional relays mounted in the rear.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply, unfornately I cant find any wiring diagrams of the audi cabrio b8 from 2009. The seat have on the left side front an additional button, with a fan on it. I can only found the new models with neck heating. So hopefully someone can give me some extra help.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Look at the wiring diagrams for up to 2015 it will be the same. I fitted power seats with neck heating to my 2011 cab. so i know it can be done.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@klink79 : Did you check here: erWin – Homepage not logged on ? Get the 24 hour subscription and download all the related PDFs for your VIN/model (and as many others as you care to download during the subscription).

The standard heated seat connector (without neck heating) is the same as the B8 A4, and is controlled by the BCM/CECM/J519 directly in our A4 models. My guess is the thinner purple/white wire connects to the neck heating element temperature sensor. --g

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you very much, I was not familiar with this site of erwin. There is all the information you need about your car. Tomorrow morning I will examine my wiring diagrams and documentation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning, I have a few more questions and added some extra information to help other members.

1) what kind of relais (J911) do I need, and is there a partnumber?
2) how to connect to purple/white wire.

Hopefully you could give me some extra information. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
Looks like T6l/6 (purple/white) connects to J519 terminal T16b/4 as a control signal from the CECM/BCM, though you could tie this into any point on the LIN-bus (say, at connection point B549). The 2 J911/J912 relays likely have holders in/around the right rear fuse/relay carrier. My guess is that the relays are standard types, either half-size 404 (P/N 4H0951253C) or full-size 643 (P/N 4H0951253A). Do any of your documents describe the relays in positions A thru H in diagram A97-11504 ? --g

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your help, I have only one question. maybe its a stupid question. But where can I found the lin bus B549.
And is it nescessary to connect this wire.,

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
The LIN bus carries control messages for various electrical components - in this case, between J519 and J846/J847, as shown in the first of your PDF files, above. The LIN-bus connection can be made anywhere. According to your wiring diagram, T16b/4 (purple or yellow/grey wire) at J519 is a LIN-bus connection. --g

1 - 10 of 10 Posts