Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

It’s been a while….! After a B8 S5 and 2.0 TDI B8.5 (along with a few in between) I’m potentially looking at buying a B9 S5.

Is there a price difference between coupe / sport back or little to no difference ?

I’m checking this out tomorrow, dealer sounds up for a bit of a deal. I’m aware it’s a pretty standard specced S5 but does have the virtual cockpit from what I can see.

Are prices starting to come down? I guess I’m buying at the worst time….what do you think of the price ?

Many thanks In advance

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car + dealer where its offered look fine to me.

I think prices in the UK are still pretty OK I would say, compared to mainland Europe where they seem to be more elevated (because of LHD). Prices could come down a bit because central banks are starting to raise rates, however, car manufacturers are still closing down plants because of supply shortages. Considering you can also sell your current car at an elevated price, I wouldn't base my decision purely on this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can get the vin you can use the Audi app to add the car and see what options it has.

Doesnt have matrix lights, and i cant see the b&o grills - nor the hill hold button - so probably no comfort and sound pack either…. If that helps.

Cant comment on price…. Doesnt seem to bad considering age… but at that mileage if you are after full service history should have had the spark plugs done at 40k miles and new airfiler at 60k inspection….

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Don't forget that the earlier B9 S5 had a 3.0 TFSI engine and the later one has a 3.0 TDI engine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Paid £23,750 for it in the end, no finance, which felt like a reasonably good deal. Fresh MOT and bonnet painted to remove some bad chips.

Now to source a flat bottom steering wheel - are any wheels with the 8W041909 pre fix compatible ? Any tutorial or guides out there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts