Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new around here and am definitely considering the A5 3.2 6spd (US).
I will be moving to Houston, TX soon shortly after graduation for work. Any members in that area? :)

COLOR
Anyways, I'm shopping for the 6spd A5 3.2. Haven't thought about the colour yet. Black really looks great but I'm not sure how it will fare in the hot Houston summers. Phantom black seems to be the easier of the two to maintain and people say it looks great. Quartz grey would be my next choice followed by ibis white.

OPTIONS
As far as options are concerned, I'd only want navigation. I read that the larger screen and better placement alone make the upgrade worth it. I'd definitely get the premium package because an A5 isn't an A5 without those LED DRLs.

PRICING
Heres the biggie. KBB and Edmunds' TMV has the A5 with Premium Pkg + Navi priced at 42,622. MSRP is 45,815. An E92 335i with Navi is invoiced at 41,560 and MSRP'd 45,125 (big difference huh).

How is the market for A5's these days? Anyone have luck snagging a deal in this economy? I'm living in the Downtown/Midtown Houston area so Momentum and Advantage Audi would be my two closest dealers.

Theres a wealth of knowledge here for the A5 and I sure hope to be able to contribute too in the near future. :)

Shouts to anyone in Houston? :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
dcho
Got my A5 from Momentum in Sept. I was at West Houston Audi today (where I do all service) and they have a black (?) S5 in the showroom and a couple A5s listed in their inventory. Pretty sure you will still have to pay sticker. There may be a few hundred on the table but not much.
Mine is Ibis because I did not want a black car in Houston and I am a bit lazy as to cleaning and keeping swirls out. As to options, it will really depend on if you order the car or just take one that's available. For the second case you will just have to accept what is on the lot. I really did not want the Nav and have only used it a couple times in five months. I have the 6AT because of Houston traffic. My last manual was a Nissan Z and it really was a real pain in afternoon I10 traffic.

Actually I think you should get something other than an A5. I want to keep some exclusivity going here.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hey all,

I'm new around here and am definitely considering the A5 3.2 6spd (US).
I will be moving to Houston, TX soon shortly after graduation for work. Any members in that area? :)

COLOR
Anyways, I'm shopping for the 6spd A5 3.2. Haven't thought about the colour yet. Black really looks great but I'm not sure how it will fare in the hot Houston summers. Phantom black seems to be the easier of the two to maintain and people say it looks great. Quartz grey would be my next choice followed by ibis white.

OPTIONS
As far as options are concerned, I'd only want navigation. I read that the larger screen and better placement alone make the upgrade worth it. I'd definitely get the premium package because an A5 isn't an A5 without those LED DRLs.

PRICING
Heres the biggie. KBB and Edmunds' TMV has the A5 with Premium Pkg + Navi priced at 42,622. MSRP is 45,815. An E92 335i with Navi is invoiced at 41,560 and MSRP'd 45,125 (big difference huh).

How is the market for A5's these days? Anyone have luck snagging a deal in this economy? I'm living in the Downtown/Midtown Houston area so Momentum and Advantage Audi would be my two closest dealers.

Theres a wealth of knowledge here for the A5 and I sure hope to be able to contribute too in the near future. :)

Shouts to anyone in Houston? :D
What's up.... I'm Texastate and I'm in Houston as well.. I have DSB S5 full loaded and tons of mods and more to come.. I'm prety knowledgable about the S5 and can help locally with VAG-COM if Houstoners need it and I'm constantly taking my car apart.. :)

Welcome to the Forum..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) We've actually got several Houston members on here. I'm sure a few more of them will probably pop in to say hello soon.

Please be sure to update your profile to display your location. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts