Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whilst surfing I found the following thread on the astonmartinlife.com forum thats part of The Drivers Network that this site belongs too... http://www.astonmartinlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339

Thought they might be interested in doing an A5/S5 shoot so knocked out a quick email and got the following reply...

Thank-you very much for dropping my an email :) I do admire the Audi and doing a film showing them off certianly does appeal to me! I'll check out your forum and post up a little advertisement to see what interest there is.
Thanks again!
Laura.

Anyone interested in being part of a potential shoot please register here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Videography and Photography

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone, ideally in the Midlands, is interested in having a photoshoot and short film done of their car?

The film will be approx. 5-10 minutes long and will be shot in a very similar style to Top Gear. It will be myself and my colleague Tom who will be doing all the shooting. The film is for portfolio purposes and is not something that would be sold on.

The photoshoot will take place just before the filiming starts, and it would be ideal to have a full mixture of arty close-ups, statics and action shots of the cars.

...when I say action I don't mean full speed! I just mean accelerating away/towards the camera and some nice panning as the car is driven along.... Something that will show off what the car can do.

This will happen in late spring/early summer time and if anyone is interested then please drop me an email at [email protected] or call me on 07789 647 572.

**As a way to say thank-you, each driver will receive a disc of all the images taken (full resolution) and the finished DVD of the short film.

If anyone would like to see any photographs from my portfolio then just ask me and I will send you some :)

Thanks!
Laura :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Laura... Just PM me if ya want my services...

I'm always up for this... especially as my car is already a star in the magazines!

...oh and I actually live in the midlands!

:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Laura,

although you've had three volunteers, I thought I'd better raise a concern - being familiar with your work, I realise that you value form, function and beauty - and this is what rang alarm bells for me.

Whilst I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting SAJ, I regularly hook-up with Ian and Spinner and - how can I put this delicately - they're lovely chaps but not the most photogenic of characters. Shall we just say they're not really 'print-ready'. Considering the strength of your existing portfolio (which I greatly admire), I'd be devastated if you were to dilute that through an error in target selection. They don't have tinted windows.

Thus, I've spoken to my agent and, luck-oh-luck, I have a slot free late spring/early summer and would be delighted to meet you for a convergence of artistic endeavour. It goes without saying that I'd be happy to share with you some of my own portfolio were you to require further persuasion.

Also, I should bring to your attention that Ian has a black car which is deathly dull, Spinners is a weak copy of mine and Saj's is a bit - well, different....

Please, don't totally exclude the other three - let's make this an open shoot and they can attend to my riders and perform other useful tasks on the shoot. Many thanks for your confidence in me as a subject, I'm really looking forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ess, you crack me up! :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Laura,

although you've had three volunteers, I thought I'd better raise a concern - being familiar with your work, I realise that you value form, function and beauty - and this is what rang alarm bells for me.

Whilst I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting SAJ, I regularly hook-up with Ian and Spinner and - how can I put this delicately - they're lovely chaps but not the most photogenic of characters. Shall we just say they're not really 'print-ready'. Considering the strength of your existing portfolio (which I greatly admire), I'd be devastated if you were to dilute that through an error in target selection. They don't have tinted windows.

Thus, I've spoken to my agent and, luck-oh-luck, I have a slot free late spring/early summer and would be delighted to meet you for a convergence of artistic endeavour. It goes without saying that I'd be happy to share with you some of my own portfolio were you to require further persuasion.

Also, I should bring to your attention that Ian has a black car which is deathly dull, Spinners is a weak copy of mine and Saj's is a bit - well, different....

Please, don't totally exclude the other three - let's make this an open shoot and they can attend to my riders and perform other useful tasks on the shoot. Many thanks for your confidence in me as a subject, I'm really looking forward to meeting you!
:laughinatabove:

Dear Laura,

Please take care when dealing with Ess5. It is widely known on this forum that he is erm, how can I put this delicately? ...Unsafe around women and animals. More alarmingly though, he has not told you that his car is not actually painted. It's still in the original primer; a fact that has led him to adorn his car with stick-on bits and decals from a vauxhall corsa in a vain attempt to disguise this. Methinks with all his 'marketing hype' he doth flatter himself. Although I must say - If you are not concerned about speed, then Ess5 is your man! Oh and did I mention the exhaust he had welded up by a bloke down the pub from bits of other cars in the VAG range?

My car, on the other hand is in all the original form of Da Silva's design intent (albeit a few inches closer to God's green earth) and the deep black lustre accentuates the profile (a technical term meaning it looks like a silhouette from all angles!). I have also perfected the art of driving with just my eyes and forehead above the dash (just like the vertically challenged Ess5 and Spinner) so the aesthetics of my mug should not be an issue.

in short...

:Tombo:"PICK ME, PICK ME!"

Darn! I forgot myself there for a mo.

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone, ideally in the Midlands, is interested in having a photoshoot and short film done of their car?
The Midlands? Where's the fun in that. You need to be in the East Midlands, where it's prettier*.

*Claim substantiable by the Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Lincolnshire. Enough about me though, the Wolds around Cadwell Park are pretty stunning too.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Midlands? Where's the fun in that. You need to be in the East Midlands, where it's prettier*.

*Claim substantiable by the Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Lincolnshire. Enough about me though, the Wolds around Cadwell Park are pretty stunning too.

I agree. Try the Vale of Belvior... (pronounced Beaver - ooeer!) it's just a 10 min drive for me!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Where abouts in the Midlands please laura, I think you may need to see the Power of Diesel.... Finished with a top coat of Black aswell :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all... WOW! Didn't think I'd get a response like this! All your cars sound good and I would like to use them all if at all possible :D

Not sure on location yet... how good is Vale of Belviour? (never been!)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Laura!

I'm a bit surprised you got such a response as well, but then again Ian and Spinner don't get out much, so it's terribly exciting for them.

Never heard of the Vale of Belvior myself either but it does sound inherently dull. Plus travelling from the Midlands to the 'East Midlands' (actually, I think they're talking about some Godforsaken lunar landscape last inhabited by pit ponies and located about 100 miles, i.e., 4 hrs, east of the M1) is akin to cycling to the moon. On a unicycle. With a puncture.

Rather than coax you to my locale Laura (sounds a bit desperate to me - please be careful...), I'd be delighted to travel to your chosen location as I believe you originally suggested?

Delighted to be the lead car in this project and of course happy to continue to offer you advice on the suitability of other applicants.

Also, hope you received my PM with my mobile #. Doh! Did I just type that out loud?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm a bit surprised you got such a response as well, but then again Ian and Spinner don't get out much, so it's terribly exciting for them.

Never heard of the Vale of Belvior myself either but it does sound inherently dull. Plus travelling from the Midlands to the 'East Midlands' (actually, I think they're talking about some Godforsaken lunar landscape last inhabited by pit ponies and located about 100 miles, i.e., 4 hrs, east of the M1) is akin to cycling to the moon. On a unicycle. With a pucture.

Rather than coax you to my locale Laura (sounds a bit desperate to me - please be careful...), I'd be delighted to travel to your chosen location as I believe you originally suggested?

Delighted to be the lead car in this project and of course happy to continue to offer you advice on the suitability of other applicants.

Also, hope you received my PM with my mobile #. Doh! Did I just type that out loud?
...Like I said... Women and animals! ;)

Seriously Laura, despite all the 'healthy banter' we're a good bunch and I'm sure you could get a few of us together wherever you liked, all polished and pristine. We might clean the cars too. ...A 'stately home' may offer a good backdrop and exclusive roads, if you can get permission... there's plenty around! (including Belvior Castle!! - see google)

In short, you find the location and we'll be there...

...still arguing over who wants their car in shot! ;)

:cheers:

PS. Regarding the message you left on my mobile, Bruges sounds great! I'll see you there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the 'East Midlands' (actually, I think they're talking about some Godforsaken lunar landscape last inhabited by pit ponies and located about 100 miles, i.e., 4 hrs, east of the M1)
:D This thread is hilarious!

P.S. Lincolnshire has it's advantages... (click for more pictures)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
First of all... WOW! Didn't think I'd get a response like this! All your cars sound good and I would like to use them all if at all possible :D

Wikipedia...

The Vale of Belvoir ( pronunciation (help·info): IPA: /ˈbiːvɚ/, as in "beaver"), an Area of Natural Beauty, is on the borders of Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire in England. Indeed, the name itself derives from the Norman-French for beautiful view.

Click Here for more!

FYI!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Blimey!

What an interesting bunch these A5 drivers are! I've dropped you an email, but thought I'd add to the fun of this thread as well...

The car is a Quartz Grey 3.0TDi Sport on 19" Y-spokes;
The driver is 6'5" and dashingly handsome;
Both are in the picturesque location of Stratford Upon Avon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts