Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Verified my S5 arrived in port yesterday & the dealer was invoiced for it! :D It arrived on the exact day that the system had set for an ETA (7/23). Apparently for VA, all S series and R8's arrive in Rhode Island where the A's are received at a different port. I'm thinking it will take about a week for the car to hit the dealer even though the dealer delivery ETA is set at ~8/4.

Anyway, I sold my current car yesterday (06 M45) for a price so low I almost cried. It only had ~16k miles on it and I got much less than half what I paid for it. Nobody wants big V8's (except me obviously.) So now I have no car! (Well, my wife has her own car...but I have to be careful with using that lest she think it's OK to use the new car when it arrives.) I'm commuting via motorcycle so hopefully the weather will hold out until the car shows up. Been waiting since January & we're getting close...I hope! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations Ian! I believe you've ordered from HBL? How was your experience with them and did you pay MSRP (if I may ask)? I'm planning to order one at the end of the year with delivery by late spring if I'm lucky (or maybe I'm just dreaming and it will be a 1 year waiting list by then!)

Hope to see you're shiny new S5 around ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats Ian... Great news !!
I'm trying to sell my current ride too (2003 Acura CL-S).
I'm envious.

spddev.. HBL is my dealer too and they are good folks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations Ian! I believe you've ordered from HBL? How was your experience with them and did you pay MSRP (if I may ask)? I'm planning to order one at the end of the year with delivery by late spring if I'm lucky (or maybe I'm just dreaming and it will be a 1 year waiting list by then!)

Hope to see you're shiny new S5 around ;)
spddev- I would recommend HBL. Absolutely no issues. I paid MSRP & honestly didn't expect anything different. Before delivery, I asked for the exact 'out the door price' & that's exactly what I paid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.