Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be interesting to see what influence Porsche brings to VAG following the news today they now own (including options) over 74% of the company.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...It appears that Porsche has held an effectove 74% controlling stake in VAG for some time and not needed to declare it!

...Hedge funds (stupid things that they are) menas that VW shares may have been 'borrowed' from Porsche to trade, sold to Porsche, bought back from porsche and then returned to porsche!!! - I really do think hedge funds should never have been allowed to happen.

VW also beacme the worlds most valuable organisation on Tuesday (briefly) after idiots trading in hedge funds realised that only 26% of the shares were available and need to buy back any shares borrowed at any price and they rose 348% in two days. How utterly daft.

...it's no wonder the financial markets have turned to sh!t.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe that new Miro bus will have a 911 turbo in it. That would be a fun sleeper car.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Why would or should it change anything Porche I believe have built the RS models for Audi in the past

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with Ianhp1. I too would be happy to see the demise of hedge funds as I think they contribute nothing to the world of finance. They aren't investors, they are speculators, which in turn is only a polite word for gambling. I particularly enjoyed reading about their monumental losses they've incurred in their failed attempt to profit from short selling VAG shares.

As to 'change', I imagine very little if any in the short term. But I mentioned 'influence' and I also can't imagine Porsche want a controlling stake in VAG if they don't intend to influence the future direction of the company.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...I understand thay porsche have 'options' on the 74% of VAG shares. therefore don't own a controlling stake unless they exercise them.

...BTW, the early RS models were developed by Renn Sport, hence "RS"

·
Banned
34 Posts
...I understand thay porsche have 'options' on the 74% of VAG shares. therefore don't own a controlling stake unless they exercise them.

...BTW, the early RS models were developed by Renn Sport, hence "RS"
I beg to differ

Built by Quattro GmBH in Neckarsulm at a factory quite separate from the common-or-garden Ingolstadt Audis, the RS4 was the spiritual successor to the 315bhp RS2, a car that was developed as much by Porsche as by Audi and had been a minor hit in the early nineties. With 380bhp at its disposal from a twin-turbocharged 2.7-litre V6, the RS4 majored in brute force. It was introduced in early 2000 to a disbelieving general public who soon realised that here was a car that was quicker than a Porsche 911 for £13,000 less and which could act as something more than an extravagant plaything.The RS4 sold well, but was later dogged by accusations that the alloy wheels could distort, leading to potentially dangerous blowouts. Audi UK even staged an event in October 2001 at Millbrook test track where an RS4 was driven at high speed over concrete blocks without the wheels failing and went to the effort of offering alternate rims for anybody not satisfied with the results of the demo. Sales of the limited run RS4 finally ended in early 2002.
Used Audi RS4 for sale

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I beg to differ

Built by Quattro GmBH in Neckarsulm at a factory quite separate from the common-or-garden Ingolstadt Audis, the RS4 was the spiritual successor to the 315bhp RS2, a car that was developed as much by Porsche as by Audi and had been a minor hit in the early nineties. With 380bhp at its disposal from a twin-turbocharged 2.7-litre V6, the RS4 majored in brute force. It was introduced in early 2000 to a disbelieving general public who soon realised that here was a car that was quicker than a Porsche 911 for £13,000 less and which could act as something more than an extravagant plaything.The RS4 sold well, but was later dogged by accusations that the alloy wheels could distort, leading to potentially dangerous blowouts. Audi UK even staged an event in October 2001 at Millbrook test track where an RS4 was driven at high speed over concrete blocks without the wheels failing and went to the effort of offering alternate rims for anybody not satisfied with the results of the demo. Sales of the limited run RS4 finally ended in early 2002.
Used Audi RS4 for sale
Looks like you're right... or maybe we both are, because RennSport are the performance tuners for porsche and hence th 911 RS (RennSport) and RSR versions!!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Looks like you're right... or maybe we both are, because RennSport are the performance tuners for porsche and hence th 911 RS (RennSport) and RSR versions!!
dito 1 - 1:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I thought VW Porsche Audi had been one company for years, kind of like GMC in the states.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Anyone want to buy my A5 and I'll buy it back next week? PS the car doesn't actually belong to me but I'll sell it to you anyway.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You all realize that Volkswagen owns Audi -Bentley -Bugatti -Lamborghini -SEAT -Skoda. If there was going to be a change it would have been a long time ago. You have to wonder if the designers all got together what kind of super car they could come up with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts