Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Popular mods for the A5?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dhuddleson 
#1 ·
This week i collected my 2013 2.0 A5 black edition and was just wondering what are the most popular mods for these cars. I'm not going to do to much but I've a few subtle ideas in mind. My first few questions:

Spacers - Do many people fit them and if so what sizes?
Seat belt warning - can this be turned off without the use of VCDS
Carbon cleaning - is this worth having done on a car with 79k

Thanks in advance for any advice or info....

#3 ·
Also, for speed, I recommend a ECU remap (APR is popular)

For driving responsiveness, something like Pedal Commander

For brakes, Akebono for daily driving. Much less dust and lasts much longer.

For entertainment, Tune2Air for bluetooth streaming or you can upgrade the whole radio to Android Auto.

I didn't include anything in the looks department because that's very personal IMHO.

#6 ·
One more mod:

I switched the windshield fluid spray nozzle from the original one that sprays 4 jets of water but clogs up way too often, to one for the A6 (I think) that sprays a finer mist in a fan pattern.

It's much better because it doesn't clog up every week or so and the glass gets just as much fluid.

#9 ·
For those "fan spray" washer nozzles, do you mean that the Audi part # 4G8955987A (left) for A6 models can replace the equivalent A4/A5 part # 8T0955988B (left) without problems? (yes I am not quoting right side #'s) And of more interest to me, maybe these will fit on my 2009 A3???? My A3 nozzles are blocking regularly and frustrating to attempt to clear.

#10 ·
I dont know which part number it replaces, but I bought mine which is designed for A6 but works perfectly for my 2013 A5. Snaps right in, no problems.

Do a search for DIY or video. It's one of the easiest and best upgrades in terms of ROI.

The ultimate best upgrade ROI is adding the hook in the trunk for grocery bags. That hook is standard for Audi Europe, but for some reason, Audi USA-spec didn't include them. I just bought a cheap one from eBay for a few bucks (it's really just hard plastic). The strap fell off, but has worked perfectly for the past 7+ years. I use this every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.