Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi pple . .

this is ma first thread . .
in fact i've decided to go for the A5 , and i took a demo car for a test drive . .
but i was totally shocked ! . .the performance is very modest though it was claimed by Audi that it hits 60 mph in through 6.1 s , whereas it did 8.3 s when i've tested it . .

whats wrong . . i don't feel any power even in all speeds , it does run like a granny who are about to die !

shame . . lookin very sporty car whereas it's humble when it comes to acceleration and power . .

anyway . . do u guys still recommend me to purchase it ( considered that i'm a speed lover) ?! do u think that i'll luv it anyway bcz of the way it looks ?

yes . . it does turn heads , and this may help a lil . . but i'm not sure whether it's enough for me or not . . not sure whether i'll luv the car though of the bad performance . .

guys . . help me !

sorry for ma bad language . .
i'm arabian guy u know . .

·
Registered
371 Posts
hi pple . .

this is ma first thread . .
in fact i've decided to go for the A5 , and i took a demo car for a test drive . .
but i was totally shocked ! . .the performance is very modest though it was claimed by Audi that it hits 60 mph in through 6.1 s , whereas it did 8.3 s when i've tested it . .

whats wrong . . i don't feel any power even in all speeds , it does run like a granny who are about to die !

shame . . lookin very sporty car whereas it's humble when it comes to acceleration and power . .

anyway . . do u guys still recommend me to purchase it ( considered that i'm a speed lover) ?! do u think that i'll luv it anyway bcz of the way it looks ?

yes . . it does turn heads , and this may help a lil . . but i'm not sure whether it's enough for me or not . . not sure whether i'll luv the car though of the bad performance . .

guys . . help me !

sorry for ma bad language . .
i'm arabian guy u know . .
You should check out my post here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/0-60mph-a5-5876/index.html

There are some HD vids of my A5 S line from 0-60mph.

I know where you're coming from. I really thought the A5 would be faster. But would I get ride of it for something other than an A5? No. Nothing else compares. I really want that new V6T motor in the S5 and then I will think about it maybe.

Also I forgot to mention, sometimes when you floor the car it moves so fast that I can see it overtaking most other cars, but sometimes I get it and my A5 just never seems to be in the right gear and so acceleration takes forever. I think my ECU needs to be reset.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum Death symphony.

Please update you profile to reflect your location. Will help us to respond more accurately as specs vary a lot in different markets.

If you want speed then the 3.2 Isnt for you at all, its not designed for that, its a comfortable GT coupe. Theres not much in the way of mods for the 3.2 that will liven it up either.
If you're in the middle east I dont think the S5 is available there, as I would have said that is more suited to you.

As you've said it is a looker the A5, so you need to decide if thats more important than speed. If its not, look at the M3 or importing an S5.

What other cars are you looking at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum Death symphony.

Please update you profile to reflect your location. Will help us to respond more accurately as specs vary a lot in different markets.

If you want speed then the 3.2 Isnt for you at all, its not designed for that, its a comfortable GT coupe. Theres not much in the way of mods for the 3.2 that will liven it up either.
If you're in the middle east I dont think the S5 is available there, as I would have said that is more suited to you.

As you've said it is a looker the A5, so you need to decide if thats more important than speed. If its not, look at the M3 or importing an S5.

What other cars are you looking at?
thx buddy . .

well . . S5 is much much better , i like it so much . . but ain't got enough cash to get one . . plus, u're correct it's not launched here yet .

answering ur question about the other cars . .
well . . im lookin at 2009 G37 sedan .

so . . .

·
Registered
371 Posts
tech e . .
thx a lot . .
ur attempts to get good numbers are still not satisfied . .
so . . i'm really confused .
If you check youtube, you can find many other vids of the 3.2 A5 that get 7 Seconds 0-60. I was watching some last night. I have a few videos where my times are 7 seconds to 60mph. I want it to be low 6's or better and then I wouldn't complain.

As for you wanting the infinity... I can tell you that regardless of performance, it will never get you noticed like the A5. And the interior of the A5 and overall driving experience is in a higher class than infinity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you check youtube, you can find many other vids of the 3.2 A5 that get 7 Seconds 0-60. I was watching some last night. I have a few videos where my times are 7 seconds to 60mph. I want it to be low 6's or better and then I wouldn't complain.

As for you wanting the infinity... I can tell you that regardless of performance, it will never get you noticed like the A5. And the interior of the A5 and overall driving experience is in a higher class than infinity.
i took G35 sedan 2008 for a test drive . .
it rocks man !
it pulls freakin amazing . . interior is good as well . . but it doesn't turn heads like the A5 does when it comes to the exterior design .

on the other hand, i like the design of A5 . . gives kindda prestige u kno n it does turn heads to u . . unlike the infiniti .
but G35 will satisfy my passion of speed indeed . .

so . . . i'm really so confused now :confused:
dunno which one to go for :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
Do you want to feel good and be unnoticed - Infinity

Do you want to be noticed, which will make you feel good - A5

Is there not a re-map for the 3.2 then to give it a little more umpth ??

·
Registered
38 Posts
A5 Sportiness

Death Symphony...

The A5 will never get you quickly from 0-60...it's not designed to. BUT, if you drive it in Sport Mode, it's very quick off the line and pulls much harder. I'd suggest trying that before giving up on the A5. I could have gotten the S5 but I much prefer the gas mileage of the A5...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.