Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I know that a lot of users of this forum have Audi A5 with 1.8 TFSI engine.

My request is: Please, someone can make a video of 0-62 mph acceleration, or of a top speed ?

This is very important for me and for other users to decide if we will buy this engine in our A5.

I would be grateful

Greetings

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Only one thread is needed for this. Posting a single thread on the topic in the "A5 General Q&A" section is sufficient. You will get plenty of visibility there.

Your 2 duplicate threads in the other sections have been deleted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only one thread is needed for this. Posting a single thread on the topic in the "A5 General Q&A" section is sufficient. You will get plenty of visibility there.

Your 2 duplicate threads in the other sections have been deleted.
Ok.. Sorry! But, please, someone do this...

·
Registered
441 Posts
is someone about to die or something?:confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you can pay for that! Get the S5 or better yet the R8

·
Registered
441 Posts
O.K. I'm sorry CR26! I'm sure you have checked for it on YouTube. Maybe ABZY could help, his is pretty sharp!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone would think you didn't have access to the internet. From a very brief search I found that if someone did make the video it'd be 8.4 seconds to 62 for the manual and 8.6 for the multitronic. The very boring video would then end with the manual car topping at 143 mph while the multitronic just achieves 135 mph.

I am thinking if speed is so important to you then you need deeper pockets and a bigger engine.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My 1.8T doesn't sound like that at all ... that sounds like a hairdryer!

Agree with the comments about speed etc. If you're after rapid acceleration then the 1.8T is NOT for you. It also requires a fair amount of effort on the gear stick given it's fairly low on torque - get the wrong gear and it can punish you with really poor pickup.

Get the gear shift right and it does shift but it's not sports car fast and it gobbles fuel when you accelerate hard.

Mine's still great for my style of driving but I tend to do a lot of motorway cruising rather than charging around mountain passes.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1.8T exhaust sound video

Just ran across a recent post on a German forum where someone posted a link to videos of their 1.8T exhaust sound.

1.8T with stock exhaust:
Link

Same 1.8T with aftermarket exhaust fitted by ABT:
Link

Note: Recording was made with a mobile phone.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think I ran him/her off TX... sorry

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hey TX, those links don't work!
Network error!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey TX, those links don't work!
Network error!!
Sorry, don't know what's up with that. Perhaps the videos were removed. It's been almost a year since that was posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Strange post, why not just go and borrow the car from the dealership, that way you can find out yourself and lose your own license at the cars top speed.

My local dealership lent me a car for a day, 1/2 a day is all it took :)

Mainly had to check I coud get it up the driveway as the A5 is pretty wide.

The A5 1.8 sounds great when revving hard especially at high revs when I ease off the accelertor and let the engine sing. But it drinks petrol like that and I dont think it helps the engines longevity.

But I think a great 0-60 could be hard to get, the tourque stear and bouncing wheels on some road conditions have put me off accelerating hard from standstill, also the potentiall cost of tyres:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts