Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like an O2 sensor problem from the information you've posted. That repair number quoted sounds reasonable. When it happened to me on an S8 that I had, I bought the O2 tool (you need a special socket) and did it myself. it's hard to get to on that car but not an hours worth of labor. That's generally the minimum they charge. I have 2013 A5 but mine's Quattro and the O2 sensors are readily visible from the engine bay. I think the CVT is transverse FWD only if I'm not mistaken so the O2 sensors could be buried on that one.

On a side note, I agree with the previous poster on this thread. These cars are expensive to maintain and I wouldn't ignore check engine lights or oil lights etc. Case in point, I just bought the 2013 A5 Cab with 38k miles on it. Previous owner took it in with oil light on, shop did a shoddy gasket repair, and 2 months later the motor spun a bearing. The motors are finicky as hell if not taken care of properly.

As one of my audi independent mechanics used to say, "If you don't want to spend money on car maintenance, buy a Honda"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts