Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :)

I was really hoping for some help please. Firstly, I need to admit I don’t know much about car mechanics and I may come across stupid with technical terms and not knowing as much as most, so I do apologise for my ignorance.

My car is an AUDI A5 S LINE – BLACK EDITION, 2.0 TDi CVT MULTITRONIC

TYPE: B8, Reg: Sept 2013
8TA OSH

I hope that is clear enough lol. Anyway about 600 miles ago which was around 2 months ago I was driving normally on the motorway and the dreaded check engine light came on and stayed on at a solid amber – I think its actually known as the emissions warning light which it states in the vehicles manual?

There was no difference in performance or power and no other warnings came up. The light has stayed on and I got my cousin to plug in and check for the code which read – P2196 – Oxygen (Labda) Sensor B1 S1 – Signal too high (rich)

Anyway after driving normally recently the light went off itself, but then a few days later it came back on, then again it went back off, and now recently its come back on again. I know this is bank 1 and is before the Cat or something like that right?

Anyway, I went to my local independent and they have said it appears from the code coming up that it will need replacing and said the price just for the sensor is £125?? Is this right as I looked online and there were some Bosch ones for like 60 quid?? Also, they said labour is around £68 per hour which includes VAT and the job may take 45 mins if it’s a simple unscrewing etc, but if it ends up being more tricky (which he did say some technical terms as to why it may take longer) – than it would be like an hour and a half?? Anyway, overall including the £120 part they are saying the whole thing will cost me like £220??

Am I being ripped off or is this correct would you say? I am not sure how to get the part number but the guy did show me where it is, and I have attached photos of where he said the sensor is.

Please could anyone help me and give me some simple advice which I can understand lol, shall I just pay up and hope the light doesn’t come back on and it gets fixed from being changed?

Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply! No he plugged it in to VCS or something on his laptop and said it was the s1 b1 sensor. He didnt suggest any other workarounds for it except replacing it? The thing is, I would replace it if I knew how to, but I know I would probably just mess it up as I have never done any car repairing things before. I know I should have but i havent.

Do you know the exact part I would need online cheaper by any chance? I dont know what the part number etc is though, just that it is the S1 B1 Oxygen sensor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts