Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... saddens me to say but my car has just been stolen. Please help and keep an eye out, I I only just got it a month ago, S5 v8 4.2 registration S5 HVE. The scum that did it struck an hour ago (2am) off my parents driveway! I heard the distinct noise of my engine and went to the front window only to see it being driven away :(

It's a quartz grey and was in mint condition, but they smashed the drivers side window. Was stolen in Walsall, West Midlands, UK.

If anyone sees anything please let me know. Appreciate your time, stay safe ??

(Ps mods if this is the wrong place, I apologise)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Gav. Miserable bastards. I’m not in your area unfortunately, and with most of us cooped up in our homes gives little scope for bumping into it, but I’m sure we’ll all keep our eyes peeled when we can. Hopefully will resolve in a satisfactory way for you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really sorry to hear that Gav. Miserable bastards. I’m not in your area unfortunately, and with most of us cooped up in our homes gives little scope for bumping into it, but I’m sure we’ll all keep our eyes peeled when we can. Hopefully will resolve in a satisfactory way for you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I appreciate that a lot, it's all I can ask of everyone! That sinking feeling is horrendous, I hope no one else has to experience it. But, at the end of the day, me and my family are safe and that's the most important thing :)

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BA*TA*DS!
How did they start up????!!!
They smashed the drivers side window, I'm presuming it was via the OBD port that they were able to start the engine. I had both keys in the house with me, in my bedroom no less. It was the one evening we forgot to block our driveway with another vehicle... Coincidence or they were scoping out the house for a few days? Not sure which is worse to think about ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the midlands in Derbyshire - I'll keep an eye out in my neck of the woods! Did they get in via keyless?

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the midlands in Derbyshire - I'll keep an eye out in my neck of the woods! Did they get in via keyless?
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah like I was explaining above, they broke the driver's window but the alarm didn't go off. What woke me up was the sound of the V8 engine being started up. By the time I was looking out the window I could hear them down the road ...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that mate and I know the exact sinking feeling you're talking about as I've had it. I'm in Derbyshire also and it's the kind of car id notice, but I don't hold out much hope of it reappearing (not with those plates on anyway).
On the plus side there are still plenty of nice examples left so hopefully you can find one ready for when your insurance company cough up. ?

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry to hear that mate and I know the exact sinking feeling you're talking about as I've had it. I'm in Derbyshire also and it's the kind of car id notice, but I don't hold out much hope of it reappearing (not with those plates on anyway).
On the plus side there are still plenty of nice examples left so hopefully you can find one ready for when your insurance company cough up. ?
Thanks Joe, again it's nice to know people will keep an eye out. But yeah, given the level of professionalism of the thieves I'm assuming they have cloned plates on it already and will use it for some nefarious enterprise in the future. Thankfully I'm fully insured and me and my family are safe, but I'm sure you know very well how enraging it is to have some lowlife steal your pride and joy after putting your hard earned money into it

·
Registered
87 Posts
They smashed the drivers side window, I'm presuming it was via the OBD port that they were able to start the engine. I had both keys in the house with me, in my bedroom no less. It was the one evening we forgot to block our driveway with another vehicle... Coincidence or they were scoping out the house for a few days? Not sure which is worse to think about ...
Nightmare mate - get it posted on facebook groups around garagers and scrap merchants as they'll swap the number plates then start breaking the car down IMO or try to change the VIN.

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alarm didn't go off at all, which is the really strange thing. If they had accessed the credentials of my key remotely to turn off the alarm then surely they didn't need to break the window?? I was at the back of the house, so it could be that I heard the engine (deeper tones) rather than the alarm, and by the time I made it to the front of the house to go look that they had disabled it via OBD - possible??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this mate, I have the same car, 08, Quartz Grey and would be absolutely gutted! Absolute c*nts need shooting! Have the police said anything?

·
Registered
508 Posts
This won't help much but it's probably a good thing you weren't woken sooner as you (like most people) would have probably ran out and confronted them.
These types of people are usually ready for that and will be carrying whatever 'tools' are necessary to get away. So as horrible as it is, the worst case scenario now is you'll get paid out and have some fun choosing another one. It could have been alot worse if you caught them earlier.

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ApoK It's such a great colour, and all the specs I had on the car took me forever to find the right one that hadn't been abused! Ps love the black audi badge on the back. So regarding the police, they've just given me some encouraging info ... they've got some people in custody that were in the vehicle seen lurking around my area and other peoples' streets! Fingers crossed it leads to something

@Smokey Joe Having thought about, you're exactly right. As much as I love my car, my family loves having me around more - and I definitely want to keep my health the way it is. So yeah, silver linings and all that, particularly in these incredibly sad times of Covid-19.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@ApoK It's such a great colour, and all the specs I had on the car took me forever to find the right one that hadn't been abused! Ps love the black audi badge on the back. So regarding the police, they've just given me some encouraging info ... they've got some people in custody that were in the vehicle seen lurking around my area and other peoples' streets! Fingers crossed it leads to something

That makes it worse, all the time looking for the right one for some scum to take it. Hopefully those are the people and they can get your car back, deserve to be drooped in an acid bath! Got my fingers crossed for you mate :)

Thank you for the compliment, I actually now have a black S5 badge too, along with black V8 badges. Looking to get rid of all the chrome!

All the best mate, let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
'08 Manual S5 4.2 v8
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@ApoK Appreciate that a lot mate, hopefully can have a chat about your mods sometime soon, under better circumstances :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Aw no Gavin, just reading this now! I posted out your strut bar just before! May be you could use it to beat the crap out of them! Your mental feedback is more important than your steering feedback!

Fingers crossed, the Police do have them in custody and if you get your car back, it hasn't been violated!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They must have known something or there is something that the older Audis are easier to take, rather than the nice A7 next to it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts