Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I use a USB key with the AMI for my music. It says it plays m3u and wpl playlist files.

I got a m3u file creater. When i plug my USB stick into my computer its in the F drive. The m3u file creater then makes the playlist with F:\Artsit\Album\Song.mp3 Theres a whole list of them in a single m3u file

The playlist plays perfectly on my work and home PC

When i put it into my car though i can see the playlist there, when i click on it all the songs on the playlist appear, but when i go to play them it says "This file is damaged and cannot be played" It goes though every song and says the same thing, then the song greys out and it goes onto the next one.

If i skip to the folder where the song is physically contained the song will play perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas ? How do you create playlists on your USB key for use with AMI ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just found a MUCH easier way of making playlists. The previous playlist creater i used didnt work but i found one here http://blogote.com/2008/softwares/c...ist-file-for-free-by-playlist-creator-35.html that makes m3u files and pls files that both work.

Just drag and drop the songs you want onto it. Name the playlist whatever you want and save it to your USB drive. Easy as pie and works perfectly :2thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.