Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody know if it is possible to play cue files (this is a way to have one large mp3 file, but subdivided in different sections) or any other way to play continous mixes and live concerts with Audi Music Interface without having annoying pauzes between the different tracks/segments?

When you rip a CD from a live concert or a long mix, this will result in many mp3/wma/etc files. This plays back normally on a PC (using WMPL or other player) but NOT in the Audi. It has slight pauze between the different tracks! :mad:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
45 people read this thread, and nobody knows the answer??? :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd be interested to know the answer to this too... Useful feature if its possible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think the MMI system supports gapless playback. The best solution would be to join the tracks together using a utility and create one track out of them all. There are a number of utilities available on the net that will do this for you, for instance at www.download.com.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just found something in iTunes which may help.

1. Select a group of songs and then hit CTRL and I keys (Apple and I keys for Mac users) to bring up the 'Multiple Item Information Box'
2 Select the 'Options' tab and at the bottom there's a 'Gapless Album' yes/no drop down menu

I haven't tried this in the car yet.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx,

I did not find Nero or WMPL able to do this, but now I join the tracks as one big mp3 (or wma, or ogg vorbis, etc) file.

Pity the new MMI 3G also does not support gapless playback (see other thread), but here some more info of a guy who really understands the "gapless tracks problem":

NO GAP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.