Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the vagcom screens while playing around with some of the modules and notices there were some checkboxes for the advance key, etc...

we just got our 2nd A5 in, a 2009, and it's loaded up with the nav and tech pkgs, where as our 2008 just has the B&O and Premium.

The door handles are no different, yet on our 2009 with the tech package, you can lock and unlock the door with your hand, not using the key...

So do you think it could be enable via vagcom?

or is there something special the tech package adds for that along with all the other goodies?

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Chances are there are no sensors on the car without the advanced key option and there will not be a start button.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i know there won't be a start button.... lol...

but the handle seems the same...no real "button"... so i didn't know if it was in all cars, but not enabled if they didn't buy the whole tech pkg with the start button and adaptive headlights here in the US

· Registered
1,558 Posts
No on the car without the advanced key option.

That's it.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I think the handle is cosmetically the same just for cost reasons (it is true that e.g. Audi A6 does have different handles for advanced key cars though), no real reason to make two different kinds of handle exteriors. I really doubt there are key/touch sensors there for non-advanced key cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.