Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a key worker I've been going to work and back as normal, but now the bank holiday has hit and I was bored out of my skull...

I had some black plasti dip and a can of gloss dip from a previous car and though why not :)

Professional dippers and painters would kill me if they saw me doing this outdoors on a communal carpark haha!

Well would you look at that masking ?

I actually prefer using this stuff it's called Full Dip, it's a UK brand and doesn't require warming up before use, it's much smoother than Plasti Dip.

5 coats of black and 2 coats of gloss. Could have done 3-4 but I wanted more of a sheen than a shine.

Having had low expectations of the end result due to the circumstances I was actually very pleased with how it turned out, not a bad job! What do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit of dental floss and a hairdryer is the trick to removing badges off the paintwork (y)
Cheers, the idea was to black them out not remove them but I do think I'll be removing them anyway now purely because the boot would be easier to polish. Does it take long to loosen the glue with a hair dryer?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cheers, the idea was to black them out not remove them but I do think I'll be removing them anyway now purely because the boot would be easier to polish. Does it take long to loosen the glue with a hair dryer?
No literally takes about 30 secs on a low heat just to soften the glue, 9/10 you can resoften the original glue and stick them back so you dont have to rub the old glue off etc so easier rather than polishing off then trying to line up the new badges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No literally takes about 30 secs on a low heat just to soften the glue, 9/10 you can resoften the original glue and stick them back so you dont have to rub the old glue off etc so easier rather than polishing off then trying to line up the new badges.
That's wicked mate thanks, definitely going to give it a go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts