Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be ordering my A5 in the next couple of days - would appreciate any advice on my planned spec;

3.0 TDI Quattro Tiptronic
Quartz Grey
Heated Black Milano Sports seats
19" Y Alloys
Navigation Plus
Bang & Olufsen
AMI
DAB Radio
Mobile Phone prep - high
Parking Plus
Hill-hold assist
Advanced Key
Folding Mirrors
Interior Lighting Package
Cruise

Any comments prior to ordering greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
Personally I've found the electric seats to be wonderful for two reasons:
1) they make it a little easier getting my kids in and out of the back
2) you can safely make little tweaks whilst driving over long distances - wonderful!

Not sure if you've got auto dimming mirrors or just folding ones. If they're straight forward folding mirrors and you're on a budget, I'd recommend at least thinking about ditching them and putting money towards the electric seats (or if you've got dimming mirrors maybe converting to the comfort pack would be a wise move?). Just my opinion and we're all different.

I'd also recommend the storage pack as a cheap option but it depends on who else may be in the car.

I've got parking plus on my A5 and it's not nearly as useful as I thought it might be. The visual display is a bit of a gimmick IMHO. Having said that, I'd probably regret not having the front sensors if they weren't on.

You need to change the colour! Somebody heading south on the M1 between Leeds and Wakefield last night (Sunday about 8.30pm) in a quartz 2.7TDI got really miffed when I got close in my quartz 1.8T and went hurtling off at 100+ mph (left at Barnsley if it was anyone here?). Anyway, it's no longer as exclusive a colour as it used to be! Go for black - not many people have that ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Will be ordering my A5 in the next couple of days - would appreciate any advice on my planned spec;

3.0 TDI Quattro Tiptronic
Quartz Grey
Heated Black Milano Sports seats
19" Y Alloys
Navigation Plus
Bang & Olufsen
AMI
DAB Radio
Mobile Phone prep - high
Parking Plus
Hill-hold assist
Advanced Key
Folding Mirrors
Interior Lighting Package
Cruise

Any comments prior to ordering greatly appreciated.
Thanks
why do u need hill hold assist if u got tiptronic?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally I've found the electric seats to be wonderful for two reasons:
1) they make it a little easier getting my kids in and out of the back
2) you can safely make little tweaks whilst driving over long distances - wonderful!

Not sure if you've got auto dimming mirrors or just folding ones. If they're straight forward folding mirrors and you're on a budget, I'd recommend at least thinking about ditching them and putting money towards the electric seats (or if you've got dimming mirrors maybe converting to the comfort pack would be a wise move?). Just my opinion and we're all different.

I'd also recommend the storage pack as a cheap option but it depends on who else may be in the car.

I've got parking plus on my A5 and it's not nearly as useful as I thought it might be. The visual display is a bit of a gimmick IMHO. Having said that, I'd probably regret not having the front sensors if they weren't on.

You need to change the colour! Somebody heading south on the M1 between Leeds and Wakefield last night (Sunday about 8.30pm) in a quartz 2.7TDI got really miffed when I got close in my quartz 1.8T and went hurtling off at 100+ mph (left at Barnsley if it was anyone here?). Anyway, it's no longer as exclusive a colour as it used to be! Go for black - not many people have that ;)
Thanks TuffLittleUnit some great points there.

I did consider electric seats as I currently have them, but rarely use them - my little ones have all left home and I rarely have anyone in the back, but I do understand your point about long journeys.

The folding mirrors were included because of Advanced Key - i.e the folding will confirm locking when I get out (and when I stare at it longingly from my office window!). Besides - we are talking big mirrors to get bashed here as well.

As for colour - your taste is superb but your advice too late:rolleyes: but I will pm you when I'm heading north so that we can avoid eachother and retain the illusion of exclusivity;)

Thanks again for your advice

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why do u need hill hold assist if u got tiptronic?
Great point SDU - I don't know :confused: and hoping someone can advise.

My understanding of hill hold is that it will effectively apply the handbrake while stationary and automatically release when you then apply the accelerator, all the time preventing any movement backwards. Whilst the tiptronic will not roll backwards if left in gear it can move forward if brake not held on. In my current tip BMW this means either keeping the brake pedal applied while still (at night blinding everyone behind with brake lights) or taking out of gear and applying handbrake?

Anyone used this in a tiptronic A5 able help? Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Am not sure on that one, i think its useful for people who's got manual box . I've also got BMW tiptronic, like you said it don't roll back when u in gear but you have to keep your brake pedal on. I think its the same i guess on the Audi.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My last Audi had DSG (so not exactly tip) but it never rolled back on hills, if anything it would creep forward ever so slowly.

The beauty of hold assist is that it engages the parking brake when you come to a halt, regardless of whether you're on a hill or not. If you're the sort of auto driver who always puts the gear shift into P when stationary then I'd say you're probably wasting money but if you shift to N then it's £45 well spent.

Just get the bugger ordered before you end up looking at a 2009 delivery ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.