Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Whatever tickles your pickle, but I would go with a forged wheel with a polished lip and more aggressive offsets to improve the stance..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Those are pretty cool looking. When buying wheels I always suggest that you make sure you are getting quality. There are a lot of bad wheel manufactures on the market today and you need to be careful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One point you might want to consider is that 20" rims will mean lower profile tyres - I think the current ride on 19's is fine - certainly firmer than my old S4 cab, but not a problem - however some of the journo's have moaned about the harsh ride of the S5 and 20" will certainly make it worse

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The cars handling will suffer with 20's not to mention the ride with 25 series tires will be very hard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The cars handling will suffer with 20's not to mention the ride with 25 series tires will be very hard.

Also you need to make sure that the ratios of the new wheels and tires are the same as the 19inch OEM or you might screw up the ABS and odometer.

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
check out the rims here guys. They look pretty nice to me, i think they are 20s, not sure about the make... Anyone?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81112
Interesting to read this thread on E90post.com - (I used to be a member of this when I had my E90 330i M Sports) - all the beemer drivers are raving about the A5/S5! Maybe Audi will be 'converting' more than a few of the Beemer E92 customers to A5 & S5!;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
One thing I have learned from looking at wheels is to trust the mind of the wheels salesman (I think that is their official title), well at least from a reputable store. Sometimes it is hard for myself to imagine what it will look like on the car but someone who has been doing this for a few years has an eye for these kind of things.

Another thing when talking to this certain salesman he told that people are printing out high resolution photos of the car symbol on vinyl and sticking that on the center cap of the custom wheel. Mainly hiding the logo of the wheel, but it also gives it a sense of subtleness.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very subtle indeed. Why don't you save your money and just buy any black car from a drug dealer or rapper?

Just kidding - the aftermarket stuff just isn't my cup of tea, but I guess we can all do what we want...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Top of the range audis should be left as standard.I hate nothing more than seeing a nice car spoiled by body kits and boy racer alloys.The s5 is stunning as standard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
...i agree, I just dont get it-I have had nothing but awesome praise for my S5 19" wheels........leave it as it is, unless the 'Fast and The Furious' is your idea of a good movie :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you like it the way it is, that's fine. I just like a liitle add a little customization to my vehicle.

I like to set my vehicle apart from the others and I was just sharing my ideas.

Some will say this car looks good on 20s
, some will not.

I honestly think that it will not hinder the ride that much to add a bigger wheel with a smaller profile tire.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts