Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered it yesterday, I'm 4th in line at my dealer so I'll be in the first batch in November. I did Phantom Black/Mustang Brown/Carbon Atlas. Full options. Demo comes in a month so I can drive that and decide if I want to go through with it or not. Hopefully it'll be before I head back up to school (but if I have to take a weekend trip down to drive the car, then that's a good enough reason!).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

well if You get it in november You are much luckier than I am. I ordered mine beginning of june, and currently they tell me I will get it in december, or at least it will be built last week of november. Well the fist timing was july, but it is continues, it wil either never arrive, or somewhere 200x.... You may guess, yes I am rather frustrated. If I would have known that there is such a delay, I would have gone for another car, but well. Maybe I get my convertible for next summer before I get the S5 ..... And even have no idea yet what I want as a convertible :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
ToniBenino: Did they have pricing avail? Can you give details of MSRP pricing with options. What was the final out the door price with all the options? Great choice on colors!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great choice, congratulations!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJRunS5: No pricing available, it will be when they get the demo car in a month.

mephisto: I'm ordering from a rather "prestigious" dealer, Rusnak has had a strong heritage here in Southern California. So they are always the first to get allocation. Also, if you car is "built" in the last week of November, you wouldn't get it until January. It takes a month to ship it overseas (and if you're located on the west coast like me, in California, it takes another week to ship it across the country). But you say you're in Luxembourg, I guess there's just that long a queue in Europe, huh?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't think his location would be a shipping issue. He could probably drive to the factory quicker than someone could cross through LA during rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hehe yes Luxembourg is jhust about let's say 3-4 hours driving away from the Fabric. About the dealer, this is the main dealer in luxembourg, where they sell quite a lot of cars, regarding the size of the country. I've asked a dealer in germany, who told me the same delay, even asked thru a large leasing house, no change in the delay. So well we have to wait :=)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'll be well worth the wait!

Andrew: No kidding, today was the first day all week that I didn't have traffic on the way into work. Everyday this week took me twice as long to get to work as normal (an hour instead of half an hour). Can't wait to be done here haha.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hehe yes Luxembourg is jhust about let's say 3-4 hours driving away from the Fabric. About the dealer, this is the main dealer in luxembourg, where they sell quite a lot of cars, regarding the size of the country. I've asked a dealer in germany, who told me the same delay, even asked thru a large leasing house, no change in the delay. So well we have to wait :=)

I'm wondering if Audi has allocated a chunk of production for North America because they just want to get some of the new S5's on the road over here. To help get exposure and drive some traffic to the dealerships.

Definitely unfair that you would have to wait that long. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago (I'm in California) and it might show up here before you get yours. But mine is one of the small number they're giving the US dealers.

Oh well it will be worth the wait... but the waiting is so hard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ToniBenito: I was just at Rusnak over the weekend. I was in Calif visiting family, but now I live in Chicago. Did Rusnak aka "stealership" sell at MSRP. I bought my M3 there in 2002. They got me for 5k over sticker...a good deal at the time? I know Audi Driving Experience is coming to So Cal soon. You should check into that. They might have S5s to drive on the track. I am doing the Audi Driving Experience in Oct in Chicago....hoping to drive an S5.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm wondering if Audi has allocated a chunk of production for North America because they just want to get some of the new S5's on the road over here. To help get exposure and drive some traffic to the dealerships.

Definitely unfair that you would have to wait that long. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago (I'm in California) and it might show up here before you get yours. But mine is one of the small number they're giving the US dealers.

Oh well it will be worth the wait... but the waiting is so hard.
I say let the Yanks wait. European cars should come to Europe first.

Only joking American friends

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ToniBenito: I was just at Rusnak over the weekend. I was in Calif visiting family, but now I live in Chicago. Did Rusnak aka "stealership" sell at MSRP. I bought my M3 there in 2002. They got me for 5k over sticker...a good deal at the time? I know Audi Driving Experience is coming to So Cal soon. You should check into that. They might have S5s to drive on the track. I am doing the Audi Driving Experience in Oct in Chicago....hoping to drive an S5.
I have no clue if they ripped me off on MSRP or not considering it hasn't been announced. I have not agreed to buy the car, I've only filled one of their allocation slots with a car I'm interested in. Unfortunately, I won't be in the right part of California for either of the Audi Driving Experiences here so I'll have to wait until December when it comes around again... but by then I will have already decided on the car.

I will not be ripped off :) Their BMW dealer seems to be doing so well that they can't keep the 3 series on the lot, and the Porsche dealer tried to rip my dad off a couple months ago. The Audi dealer seems to be fairly neutral... so far.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I say let the Yanks wait. European cars should come to Europe first.

Only joking American friends
Ha yes! they should... and they did! Supposedly the dealers are getting very few in 2007. It will be nice to have a rare car for a few months at least.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have no clue if they ripped me off on MSRP or not considering it hasn't been announced. I have not agreed to buy the car, I've only filled one of their allocation slots with a car I'm interested in. Unfortunately, I won't be in the right part of California for either of the Audi Driving Experiences here so I'll have to wait until December when it comes around again... but by then I will have already decided on the car.

I will not be ripped off :) Their BMW dealer seems to be doing so well that they can't keep the 3 series on the lot, and the Porsche dealer tried to rip my dad off a couple months ago. The Audi dealer seems to be fairly neutral... so far.

Pretty much everyone is paying MSRP for the S5. And even after it is out for a while people in CA will still be paying MSRP. This was the case for the B6 S4. Some people in the eastern states like NJ claimed to get huge discounts on the S4 but that was not possible in CA -- I did a lot of research at the time. It's all about supply and demand, and the differences in demographics between here and there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Audi Driving Experience

Pretty much everyone is paying MSRP for the S5. And even after it is out for a while people in CA will still be paying MSRP. This was the case for the B6 S4. Some people in the eastern states like NJ claimed to get huge discounts on the S4 but that was not possible in CA -- I did a lot of research at the time. It's all about supply and demand, and the differences in demographics between here and there.
Can you tell me more about the Audi Driving Experience, I got the card in the mail but the website and card are both ambiguous about how it works -- I can't figure out if you pay the $500 for everything or only the 2 hour performance class. I'm in NJ, so would go to the one in PA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went in UK at Silverstone. If it is the same format you spend the whole day in cars, (apart from breakfast and lunch). You share the time with another attendee so half the time you are driving. There were 3 each of RS4, TT & S6. The training exercises were high speed cornering, recovering from understeer, recovering from over steer, high speed emergency lane changes, emergency stop whllst steering-using ABS to the full (the cars we used have the system where the hazard lights come on automatically if ABS is triggered, as does the new A5), high speed circuit driving, slalom. All this led by three German rally/saloon car racing drivers who demponstrate what to do and speak to you (or should I say *yell at you*) whilst driving via radio. All the cars were brand new. A superb day. I had a 150 mile drive home and felt safer than ever before.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went in UK at Silverstone. If it is the same format you spend the whole day in cars, (apart from breakfast and lunch). You share the time with another attendee so half the time you are driving. There were 3 each of RS4, TT & S6. The training exercises were high speed cornering, recovering from understeer, recovering from over steer, high speed emergency lane changes, emergency stop whllst steering-using ABS to the full (the cars we used have the system where the hazard lights come on automatically if ABS is triggered, as does the new A5), high speed circuit driving, slalom. All this led by three German rally/saloon car racing drivers who demponstrate what to do and speak to you (or should I say *yell at you*) whilst driving via radio. All the cars were brand new. A superb day. I had a 150 mile drive home and felt safer than ever before.
and the cost John ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't believe anyone that has said they have been offered a discount. Why does Audi need to when they will keep supply down. In the UK, 6 month old TTs are still selling near to list.

·
Registered
163 Posts

I live on the east coast NYC area and looked at an S4 last year and believe me, they are not discounting any S4's. I don't know who is saying they got a deep discount, but it must have been on a special order with a gross special exteroir paint color and they wanted to move the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts