Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't I find pics of an S5 with Black leather with Black Alcantara inserts.

I have looked everywhere.

If anyone can help with pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Didnt even know you could get alcantara on the S5 seats, im sure TXcarguy will have some pics up his sleeve.

Welcome and please update you location.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, I've got some. :) Unfortunately, I won't be able to post them until this evening, as they're not with me at the moment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is one. Beautiful seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Audi4ever, please update your profile to reflect your location.

As promised...

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
alcantara!! yuck!! :p
What the heck is an alcantra anyway?

I've never had black carpet and boy is it driving me nuts keeping it clean looking. I know nobody has a choice of colors for the carpet in the S5, but I keep my shop-vac plugged in right next to where I park the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is one. Beautiful seats.
Audi4ever, please update your profile to reflect your location.

As promised...
Thank you guys. It looks great!

What the heck is an alcantra anyway?

I've never had black carpet and boy is it driving me nuts keeping it clean looking. I know nobody has a choice of colors for the carpet in the S5, but I keep my shop-vac plugged in right next to where I park the car.
Alcantara is a composite material used in the Automotive industry for years. Mainly in high-end sports cars, like Ferraris. It helps hold you in the seats on high g turns. Plus it also looks amazing.

It has the appearance and feel of suede. It is hard-wearing material compared to suede.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is why I like, F430 Scuderia. It is practically on every surface. I love it.
Those seats look more like some sort of mesh than Alcantara. They don't look comfy either, but I guess you should expect that!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have my S5 ordered with Alcantara inserts and Black leather (I went with the pearl silver insert though not black) I think it will look great as my exterior color is special ordered Mugello Blue Pearl. car is on a boat and should be here in 5-6 weeks. I can't wait. I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED.

Tonny

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think it will look great as my exterior color is special ordered Mugello Blue Pearl. car is on a boat and should be here in 5-6 weeks. I can't wait. I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED.

Tonny
But I thought you had already special ordered Glut Orange? :confused: I'm guessing you changed your mind about the color?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also look in a 2007-2008 911 GT3RS the Alcantara interior on those is just amazing.

Tonny
911 GTS RS, love that car.

I don't think I can order my S5 without the alcantara. I think I will regret it everyday, especially when I see someone else that has it.

But I only want it, if its the same color as the leather. I believe the two-tone would be too over the top for me personally. Although I do like it on other peoples cars. Sounds like you have a GREAT car coming.

The alcantara gives it the luxury/sport automotive look and feel. The full leather just looks like an office leather chair.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts