Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thread resurrection, but is this the amp right here? I'm a noob with electronics.

I need to cover this area real good with towels/plastic?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thats looks like it. It islocated in the trunk in the compartment on the left where the left trunk lever goes. Open that compartment and that is wherebyou will find the amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats looks like it. It islocated in the trunk in the compartment on the left where the left trunk lever goes. Open that compartment and that is wherebyou will find the amp.
Thanks! Do I need to cover just the amp, or should I take the extra precaution and cover up the wires, also?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im not sure as i didnt tint my windows, sorry. Maybe someone can chime in from experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most states in the U.S. 35% is the legal limit. Some southern states darker is legal and it is permissable to even tint your windshield. In CA you cannot tint the front drivers and passengers side windows.

You can get by without getting stopped up to about 20% in MA but any darker and you will prob be stopped a lot, but more so in Sh*tbox cars than newer nice ones. The fine in MA for excessive tint is $250.00, but if you piss off the cop that fine could be accessed individually for each window thats covered. It's also hard becuase they check for tints during yearly vehicle emissions and saftey inspections. So they could reject you car when you go for a new inspection sticker.

I've had tinted windows ranging from legal to about 13% on every car I've owned. Not just because I love the look of it, but it also helps with heat in the summer, fading from the sun, and to keep prying eyes of people who are looking for a reason to break into your car (a huge problem here right now) from seeing inside your car.

Also if you look closley at almost any car add on tv or in magazines the windows are usually tinted very dark.

Not sure how dark I'm going with my S5 (right now leaning towards 20%), but they will deff be tinted. It's all Personal preference i guess.

what percent did you end up going with and do you have pictures please?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts