Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't found where anyone has posted pics of their A5/S5 with tinted windows, so I thought I'd take the liberty of posting some that I have. I snapped pics of the white S5 at a dealer. The black "debadged" A5 is a pic I had previously run across and kept.

WARNING: If you plan to get your windows tinted, be sure to read this!
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/pics-s5-a5s-443/index.html?p=15271

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Thanx for posting the pics. I've been wondering for a while now what ibis white would look like with tinted windows.

Not sure if i'm a fan of completely darked out tints. Think i've grown out of that :rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm gonna tint, but not that dark. I will probably go 30% or so.....

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not entirely sure I see the point - as far as I'm aware, 30% is the legal limit for tinting the front side windows of a car in the UK.
As the front windows are so long (because of the size of the doors) then it's going to make the rear of the car look odd if you tint the rear windows darker.
Having sat in the back of an A5 (albeit for only a short time - I am 6'2" after all!) I would think it would feel quite claustrophobic with tinted side windows.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Not entirely sure I see the point - as far as I'm aware, 30% is the legal limit for tinting the front side windows of a car in the UK.
As the front windows are so long (because of the size of the doors) then it's going to make the rear of the car look odd if you tint the rear windows darker.
Having sat in the back of an A5 (albeit for only a short time - I am 6'2" after all!) I would think it would feel quite claustrophobic with tinted side windows.
And bare in mind that the windows are tinted ever so slightly already. Current VLT lower limit is 70%, and apparently they're trying to increase that to 75%.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm in the US and they will be tinted uniform all the way around versus darker in the rear.

My one concern that I will be discussing with the tinter is the B pillar treatment. Audi went for the pillarless look and I wonder what the lighter tint on both sides of that dark B pillar will do to the profile???

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The white S5 is (I guess) a US car, and the tint looks uniform front & back, but for the UK, the black car at the beginning of this thread has the very problem I meant - the shot is a rear three-quarters so it's not too obvious, but I would think that from any other side-on angle it will look very odd with the smaller rear windows a much darker tint.

If allowed in the US, a uniform darker tint would look great (as per that S5) however I still think it will feel very claustrophobic in the back, especially at night!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah, I don't like the way that black one is tinted at all. Looks totally out of sorts if you ask me....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tint looks fantastic on Ibis

I just picked up my Ibis/Tuscan Brown S5 Monday and thought it was perfect.. then I saw the pictures of that one with tinted windows.

Too bad it's illegal to put any tint on the front-side windows in New Hampshire.

I think I'll live, though.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just picked up my Ibis/Tuscan Brown S5 Tuesday and thought it was perfect.. then I saw the pictures of that one with tinted windows.

Too bad it's illegal to put any tint on the front-side windows in New Hampshire.
You could always move to Texas! Problem solved! :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is mine after tinting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
he was kidding, i think he ordered one so he doesnt want anyone else in texas driving a white one.
Yeah it was a joke.....I actually have mine. It is the one in the Dallas Texas thread....

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Black S5 tinted

Just ran across this one ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts