Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got some fantastic shots and a short vid from my week up in the Lake District.

Think we drove just about every pass up there including the famous Hardknott and Wynrose which I've highlighted on the attached map included along with a couple of snaps of the road. Unfortunatley there are very few stopping areas on these passes and of cause they were all full so missed out on a chance for some better shots.

Coming from the east on the Hardknott pass, during the first part of the climb I did actually experience 2 slips from the front offside before the quattro decided to do it's thing. This wasn't bad considering how wet the road was and to be honest I was surprised how well all the clever bits coped. We did have a few hairy moments going over the brows, being that bit lower on the KW's didn't help but I have to say if it wasn't for them I think my wife would have delivered a few months early. They really earned their expense in this week alone :)

The vid was a last gasp effort (low on camera card memory) and a few sheep by the side of the road so don't expect much but you see it here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twpDFhZ4aFo

Overall it wasn't just a great holiday but also an absolutley fantastic driving experience , one I'd recommend to all in the UK. Anyone for a few days up there in the near future? I enjoyed it so much I'll even go as far to say I'd organise it!

Oh a Ess5ive... For want of a better expression ... I'm sure mines dirtier than yours now :eek:

P.S. Apologies about the dates left on some of the pics, forgot the setting on the camera after charging the battery :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Some Amazing pics Spinner, thanks for sharing.

Some of those hills in the background are just begging to be ridden down.

Never been up to the Lake District before, would love to go for some MTB riding up there but I dont think I will have any time for a while now. Certainly on my todo list though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Love the pictures and the background!
I have a question... how can the grass look like its from a football field? why the grass isnt 1 m tall ? May be a stupid question but the background looks like a drawing.. :p

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Spinner, Good to see the car blending in with the English weather!

Love the pics, stunning car with stunning scenery... perfect match.

Did you get some good driving too, or was it just caravan/tourist hell?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spinner, Good to see the car blending in with the English weather!
Exactly what I was thinking when I chose the colour :p

Did you get some good driving too, or was it just caravan/tourist hell?
Yes some great driving. Honestly can't recall being stuck behind a caravan once in the whole week, sure thats a record! Have to say I was shocked how little traffic there was when going off the main beaten paths. Hit the passes and there was some clear road :D However most of these are a little too tight to put your foot down for any distance but it's not always about the speed ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Great set of pics Spinner, thanks for sharing. Feel ready for a road trip now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts