Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hands on my new S5 today. I underestimated how hard it would be not to floor it until after the run in period :( Can't wait to get back in it tomorrow though, i'll soon be up to the point where i can really give it some welly.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Looking good!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looking good steve, what spec did you get? Was it from Newbury Audi? I recently met Jeremy from there, he seemed a good guy....

Make the 7th if you can, 'like minded' ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spec I got was much the same as most people:

Phantom Black
Black Silk Nappa Interior
Carbon Trim
DVD Nav Plus
DAB Radio
AMI
Phone Prep
Bang & Olufsen
Parking Plus
Heated Memory Seats (comfort pack)
Auto Dipping Rear & Side Electrically Folding Mirrors
Hill hold

I was planning on coming on the 7th but something's just popped up so I might not be able to make it. However I may try and get there first thing and spend a couple hours there to see what work I may want done in the future.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah be nice to meet you Steve and to check out my S5 getting operated on :eek: should be worth it though when it wakes up to the awsome sound of the milktek :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Spec I got was much the same as most people:

Phantom Black
Black Silk Nappa Interior
Carbon Trim
DVD Nav Plus
DAB Radio
AMI
Phone Prep
Bang & Olufsen
Parking Plus
Heated Memory Seats (comfort pack)
Auto Dipping Rear & Side Electrically Folding Mirrors
Hill hold

I was planning on coming on the 7th but something's just popped up so I might not be able to make it. However I may try and get there first thing and spend a couple hours there to see what work I may want done in the future.
Virtually identical to mine then:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
55 JWB might see you next week also,i vision a lot of phantom black S5's at APS :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steve - Great name, fantastic car! Waiting for my Phantom S5 build wk 24... next week!

Out of interest what was you build week and deliver date?
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was actually very lucky with my car. I went for a test drive in an S5 on the 17th May and expressed an interest in ordering one. I went along with the spec I wanted and got a final price etc and was just going to think about it. So then a couple days later I got a call from the dealer saying he found the exact same spec car I wanted (brand new, unregistered) up north somewhere in a showroom, sweet! So I put a holding deposit on it and it was delivered on the 29th May and I picked it up on the 31st.

So from putting the deposit down and picking it up, I didn't even have to wait two weeks, so I considered myself pretty lucky :cool:

I was told originally that it would've been around 12 weeks to order/build/deliver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts