Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and haven't posted until now, which says something about the car. I am most impressed and glad I did it. B&O is sharp, DSB is really a beautiful shade, and the cinnamon leather goes great with it. The combination feels calm and classy doesn't "shout". I'm keeping it down on the speeds (though I 95 runs pretty much 70 to 75, so can't help that) and varying RPMs on the commute. The drive select is absolutely cool, the difference in feel between comfort and dynamic is night and day, and both are great for their intended purposes.

Pix tomorrow before anyone asks! Need to clean it up after today's day trip.

Now a rant. So we're maybe got 30 miles down the road, and CLICK something hits the right side! Got home and sure enough a small chip dead center of the passenger door:mad: Two bits, first maybe 2x2mm second 1x2. The paint appears to be gone, the exposed surface is dark. No metal dent/damage. After all the wait to get the hail work done (flawlessly as far as I can see) not 36 hours of owning... Also in bright light I can tell the car was waxed with a circular buffer, can see the swirls.

Anyone out there have suggestions to address the chip and the swirls? Or point me on the forum to that info?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Chips

Well done on the new motor and sorry to hear your 'chip' news.

Do you have a company called 'dings and dents' in the US. This may be the best way to go. DSB can look very nice but not sure on your interior colour, can you post a picture?

Re the swirls, I would take it back for a proper prep!!

Good Luck

RG

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Very nice! Love that Cinnamon Brown interior. I sure do miss mine. :( Sorry to hear about that chip on the door.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TX

I like the cinnamon too. To my eye it is a bit browner than it appears in the photos, the brightness of the flash or sun seems to lighten it a shade. I think the DSB is under-represented in the forum as well, which is too bad it's a great color. The chip's not that big a deal. I was a little put out that it happened right off the bat. It can't be seen unless you know just where to look; a touch up should do the trick.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Casey - awesome! DSB looks great and the interior combo looks good as well! Enjoy!:D

Sorry about the chip. Always frustrating...I had to take my S5 to the baseball field and park with all of the millions in their SUVs because the battery in my other car was dead. Ended up parking under a tree away from everything, and now I need to get rid of the tree sap covering the hood...good thing I had 2 coats of wax on her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts