Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have pictures of Quattrings Meteor Grey with the DPE S10's? I have PM'd him but it seems he has been MIA.

thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As requested...

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud, I knew I could count on you. Do you happen to have his car and also an Ibis white in the DPE LS5's

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Do you happen to have his car and also an Ibis white in the DPE LS5's
OK, now you're pushing it! ;) What's up with all these requests? j/k

Sorry, no pics of Ibis White with those wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Narrowing down my choices, I need to find the color/wheel combo I like the most before buying a car LOL. I dont want ot spend $55k and see another S5 on the road I wish I had instead ya know.

Finalists are:

1. phantom w/ DPE S10's
2. Meteor w/ DPE S10's
3. Meteor w/ DPE LS5's
4. Ibis w/ DPE LS5's
5. Sprint Blue w/ DPE LS5's

I have 5 months to pick one. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like Phantom and some other wheel. I love that color. As for the wheels, I'd say be original. Also, don't buy a car color based on the wheels. With a little effort, you can find the right wheel for any color of car. Pick the car color you like and then start looking at wheels. Once you've settled on a couple of wheels, if you want to see what people think (though, who cares what these other people think????), post some options for the color you are getting.

Just my $0.02 (er......pence for our English friends)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive already picked the wheel and the colors I like, now Im just trying to find the best combo I like. This is my 4th car that I will be putting on new wheels. 2004 A4, 2006 M35, 2007 Chevy SS and 2006 Chrysler 300C. IMO There aren't many wheels that look good on the S5. HRE's are too expensive IMO and I dont like them compared to he S10 and LS5. DPE's are the only wheel I have seen that I actually like. There is a reason a lot of people are running them because they look sick. I have had my bad experience with iForged so thats out.

I have spent far too much money on multiple sets of wheels for the same car in the past, so this time Im trying to get it right before I do anything.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Curious as to why certain colors get certain wheels? What are you basing this on??

I would move up to a more aggressive look that DPE can't offer. Work and HRE offer wider rear widths that give the car a look that is very sinister...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you thought about your wheel finish? There are tons of options there.

BTW, the S10's are supposed to be a better wheel than the LS5. I'm not sure what they do differently, but the Signature Series is marketed as DPE's top option.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already know the wheel finish I want. Its the brushes with polished lip I think, the one quatt ran on his set of S10's.

Sizzle, I think the phantom looks amazing in the S10, but not sure I wanna deal with black again. However, I think the meteor looks better with the LS5 than the S10's for some reason.

I think its because IMO the S10's are more classy, and thus with black it has an edge towards classy and the LS5's lean towards sporty and the meteor is more sporty. Thats just me in my eyes. Sprint is too in your face and probably not the color for me and white with wheels just doesnt pop like black and meteor do. So I guess its down to meteor and phantom

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yea, thats my measuring stick :D. Id like to get a profile shot of Quatt's meteor with the LS5's.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here are a few more. The first is the best profile of Quatt's car with the LS5's that I have seen. The second is his car with the S10's. The third is my fav wheel on his car. I liked the refinished ones better, but I don't have a pic on my local computer of these wheels once he refinished them.

It must be quite an honor to have people copying your look long after you've moved on.........

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts