Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***UPDATE***I sincerely appreciate all who contributed to this thread, I found your suggestion really helpful. While on my personal research, so demanded a VIN from the seller and went ahead to research the vehicle's past so i run the VIN Report , (CHEAP!) The report I obtained showed the auction pictures, I would like to share it with you guys, and please let me know what do you think of the damage.

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/WAUVVAFR7AA032617*

Hey Audi A5 team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2010 Audi S5, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Audi, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $12,500 and it has 91000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
A rattle at the back of the engine during cold start will indicate that the cam chains have lost tension - this could be an expensive fix.
The biggest risk is the gearbox. Unfortunately the first version of the 0B5 s-tronic gearbox is known to have reliability issues. If the gearchanges are not smooth, especially coming down the gears then it could have a problem with the mechatronics. The clutchpacks do wear out and at 91K that car is in the window of possibility.
You'll learn more by searching the Audizine S4 forum.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Another common issue is the high pressure fuel pump and also carbon build up in intake.
So long as there are no dash warning lights and it drives without any worrying noises, it should be good.
If you have VCDS to run a quick check, this could flag any historic faults.

Also I don't think the V8 S5 ever came with the DSG S tronic 7 speed box. I'm pretty sure they were all Tip tronic 6 speed torque converter full autos. The Tip is a very reliable box, just not as 'sporty' as the DSG 0B5 box.

I can't comment on the price as I'm not sure on US values, more so with salvage title/record. :)

Reactions: Cristian999

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sincerely appreciate all who contributed to this thread, I found your suggestion really helpful. While on my personal research, so demanded a VIN from the seller and went ahead to research the vehicle's past so i run the VIN Report , (CHEAP!) The report I obtained showed the auction pictures, I would like to share it with you guys, and please let me know what do you think of the damage.

Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/WAUVVAFR7AA032617

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Damage does not look too bad BUT u never know until you take it apart. Offer 8k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts