Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully imported their phonebook from a Windows mobile smartphone more specifically samsung blackjack over bluetooth?

Other features are working 120% like "missed calls", "last dialed". etc.. so I am wondering if it is even possible to sync my phone's contact list over bluetooth? Is this only possible using the iPhone?

·
Registered
103 Posts
my phone (blackberry curve) is attached to my work network, and work blocks syncing to the car, even though i can link to the car and answer/make calls... just something to think about if your smartphone is a work phone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good point about mobile phone policies but alias I wish it was that simple.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just curious, as I have a Blackjack but only recently started the official wait with an S5 order after lurking for months, but do import the phone book into internal memory on the S5, or do you just link to the phone book on the Blackjack itself. If both are possible, is there a benefit to one vs. the other? Does it take time each time you connect to remotely access the phone book on the Blackjack vs. a faster access time if imported into the S5's memory? Or am I just making up all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunno, cause I'm not even sure if WM6 (Windows Mobile 6) and the MMI are compatible with regard to the phonebook aka contacts. There is a phonebook listing but it is grayed out. All the other sutff works such as dialed, received and missed calls.

If by some miracle that I or someone figures this out I will let you know how deep the rabit hole goes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah, thanks for the info. I'd almost suggest checking out the AT&T Blackjack forum, as I've had good luck with answers there, but I bet you'll find more people with WM6 phones here than you'd find people with A/S5's on that site :)

By that same token, I'd imagine that there's a decent number of people with WM6 phones, and I'd be surprised if there's no way to access the phone book. I should have played around with it when I was test driving last week. I'd be very disappointed, as well, as I've been wanting BT for a while now.

Anyway, any headway you make would be great to know, even though I still have a likely 9-12 months before delivery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts