Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nokia 6233 and have ordered mobile phone prep LOW with my 3.0 tdi. where is the best/cheapest place to get the right cradle and where who would fit it for me?:D

·
Registered
290 Posts
should post this is the right thread-it'll probably get more attention......

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just moved it to "A5 & S5 Topics" section.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure they'll come cheap as I have not heard of aftermarket versions being available. Mine was supplied (I think) by the dealer who handled delivery for the LeaseCo. It cost £100.

You could get lucky on ebay though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wasn't planning on bothering with a cradle and just using the Bluetooth connection, as work have a habit of changing our phones quite often.

Would there be a problem with this does anyone think, other than it not charging the phone which a cradle would?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't planning on bothering with a cradle and just using the Bluetooth connection, as work have a habit of changing our phones quite often.

Would there be a problem with this does anyone think, other than it not charging the phone which a cradle would?
yes I think I might just use the bluetooth connection - does the phone prep allow you to just connect to what has been set up in the car?

·
Registered
82 Posts

I don't see a problem. Whilst I've tried the cradle to check it works, I've barely used it. The Bluetooth connection works beautifully with my 6021 (albeit on the basis of very limited use so far). I really only went for the cradle as a convenient backup charging system. If I had have known the Bluetooth was so good, I would have probably just gone for a £5 changer from ebay instead.

Does anyone else know of any other cradle benefits aside from charging? I'm not sure what else the cradle is doing or how it alters how the phone connects / operates.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I picked my car up the dealer said hardly anyone bought a cradle. "Its a £150 charger" seems to be in my memory.

I bought a £5 cig lighter charger!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't see a problem. Whilst I've tried the cradle to check it works, I've barely used it. The Bluetooth connection works beautifully with my 6021 (albeit on the basis of very limited use so far). I really only went for the cradle as a convenient backup charging system. If I had have known the Bluetooth was so good, I would have probably just gone for a £5 changer from ebay instead.

Does anyone else know of any other cradle benefits aside from charging? I'm not sure what else the cradle is doing or how it alters how the phone connects / operates.
The dealer told me that the cradle provides an antenna connection for the cell phone as well, which would indicate that the vehicle has some sort of cell phone antenna built-in; perhaps in the shark fin. I haven't been able to validate his claim though.

-Kyle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes the cradle gives you more security from bluetooth eavsedropping also it has charging and aerial improved quality as well as transfering phone book.Note to all make sure the firmware versions of your phones are full compatable as this causes reduced functionality with or with out the cradle.The latest cradle list was released this week and gsm/bluetooth list also released recently,so pop into your dealers and ask for a copy to prevent frustration when buying a new phone and finding out the pairing breaks off mid call etc.Most issues i deal with are firm ware related and a quick down load from the phones website resolves 90% of complaints.I cant post the phone list as its copywrite issues but if you visit my dealer i would supply all relevant info.Most dealers struggle with phone issues as well as phone shops but its really easy when no what phone is approved and what firmware the phone needs to be running at.regard s A8

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Yep agree costly phone charger and car manufacturers are sooooooo behind in the latest mobile phone cradels its unreal I have Samsung U600 phone book transfer works fine, volume on steering wheel works fine voice activated works fine reception fine and no cradel just £5 cig charger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts