Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to integrate a Nokia E90 via bluetooth. I've only just got the phone and even though I have phone prep installed with bluetooth the car and phone don't seem to want to pair. Can anyone help?

David

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 'phone is OK and pairing with other devices but cannot find the Audi device. The car appears not to be set up for pairing. Oh dear I'm gonna have to read the manual. I've found that Audi are notoriously bad at keeping up to date with phone technology. My old phone was an archaic 6310i and integrates superbly with the wired kit. The hands free kit is excellent (if you can it to work that is!). anyway I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 'phone is OK and pairing with other devices but cannot find the Audi device. The car appears not to be set up for pairing. Oh dear I'm gonna have to read the manual. I've found that Audi are notoriously bad at keeping up to date with phone technology. My old phone was an archaic 6310i and integrates superbly with the wired kit. The hands free kit is excellent (if you can it to work that is!). anyway I'll keep trying.
I turned my phone on, and searched for devices, i didnt have to do anything to the car to search....Search as if you were looking for a hands free headset not another bluetooth phone.... Maybe thats your problem?

I have connected my blackjack and a razr to the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I may have got somewhere, mostly by reading the manual. The results are not as good as with the 6310i on the hard wire. I'll give it a few days and some road trials before I approach Audi. Anyways Matty thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No joy. The phone operated reasonably for a couple of hours then the bluetooth link failed and up to press has not recovered. This is the 3rd Audi I've bought and gone to the expense of a phone kit for it to operate unsatisfactorily on modern 'phones. When oh when will Audi raise their game on this issue!!

The lesson is. If you want a reliable phone kit from Audi and you require it to be usable then don't part with your 6310i just yet.

21st century cars with 20th century comms.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ahh, thats the model i meant on the other phone thread. the 6310i is what I had. Although I am very pleased to have replaced it with the N95. The N range of nokia phones have better sim access profile compability and they dont get the first name/surname back to front like the 6310i did. The phone book shows the multiple options cleanly unlike the 6310i (i.e. work, home etc)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its wierd the phone will work OK for 5-10mins or so, take calls receive them etc. then quite suddenly the pairing ceases. I can't understand what is going on here.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
ahh, thats the model i meant on the other phone thread. the 6310i is what I had. Although I am very pleased to have replaced it with the N95. The N range of nokia phones have better sim access profile compability and they dont get the first name/surname back to front like the 6310i did. The phone book shows the multiple options cleanly unlike the 6310i (i.e. work, home etc)
Hi doubledoom,

I’m just about to upgrade my phone as my E61 doesn’t connect SAP even though its on the current Audi approved list :(

I was considering the N95 until reading on a nokia forum thread ( http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=50551 ) that it not compatible due to not having PABP (Bluetooth Phonebook Access Profile). According to this thread it appears none of the Symbian based phones have PABP and assumed this was the problem with my E61.

Was coming to the conclusion that I'd best avoid any symbian based phone but you appear to have it working. Can I ask what network you’re on and if you had any problems getting the phone fully SAP connected?

Reason for the network question is I have a sneaky feeling that as each network provider plays around with the standard phone setting and software before they send phones out to the consumer it may possibly be the cause of the some of the problems reported here. Sounds crazy but this would be one of a few unexplored sensible reasons as to why some of us can get a specific model to work whilst others are pulling their hair out!

Many thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Was coming to the conclusion that I'd best avoid any symbian based phone but you appear to have it working. Can I ask what network you’re on and if you had any problems getting the phone fully SAP connected?
It works fine. I am on Vodafone. The phone works in both mobile only and sim access profile modes (you can tell which you get as the MMI displays either a mobile phone on the screen in mobile only mode and a sim card in sim mode).

It worked when it was using vodafone firmware although I have since flashed the firmware to replace it with nokia's firmware (as vodfones firmware is about 3 behind nokias) and it works fine with that as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have paired both a Sony Ericsson k800i and an iphone. The Sony works perfectly - simply search for devices, finds the Audi device and pairs. The iphone is far from perfect, it can discover, and pair, but after a while will drop the connection. Problem is the phone thinks it is still connected, so you end up having to unpair/re-pair to get it working again. Since Audi have this thing where you can only pair in the first few minutes and while the car is stopped, and you have your seatbelt on (kidding !), using the iphone is a non-starter.

I had a Parrot kit in my BMW before and the iphone worked a lot better - never dropped, but somtimes the phone thought it was still paired when away from the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nokia 8800 Arte works really great dealer set my phone up whilst having sneaky look at my new toy. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I too have a Nokia N95 8GB but struggle to sync my contacts with MMI. The Nokia N95s use Symbian S60 platform and don't support SIM Access Profile.

I ended up syncing contacts with the MMI Directory and then switched back to my Nokia N95 8GB as is fine to connect (make/receive calls).

How did you get this to work properly?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Managed to get my Nokia 8800 paired to the car straight away with Bluetooth and SIM access profile, easiest set up was to have the S5 search for the phone then select and enter codes etc.

Only drawback I have noted was that the memory capacity on the car only stores 150 entries, so had to limit syncronisation of my phone address book. It now means I have to search through the phone address book rather than the car memory ( a few extra key presses but not too much hassle)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I too have a Nokia N95 8GB but struggle to sync my contacts with MMI. The Nokia N95s use Symbian S60 platform and don't support SIM Access Profile.
Are you sure? There is an option in the N95 settings to turn remote sim mode on or off and that will change the options you have available on the car. By default, it is off.

When your phone is connected to the car, do you see the mobile phone icon on the MMI or a sim card icon?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.