Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've decided to sell my S5, it'll be going as a trade-in in a couple of weeks unless I sell it before. Its a fully loaded car with;

B&O
Adaptive light
Cruise
Comfort Pack
Carbon Atlas
Nav
Advanced Key
Folding mirrors
Parking Plus
Storage Pack
Voice Control
Hill Hold
GSM phone
Heated front seats

Phantom Black
Magma nappa

Mint condition.

under 5,000 miles
No finance

PM me if interested

Southern England.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Is this due to your bad luck with it?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL...no not selling it because I've had a run of bad luck (wheel, tyres, scratch ) Basically my other half won't drive it, she finds it too 'aggressive' around the country lanes where we live. So we've decided to move the cars around. I'm in the process of buying an R8 which if it all goes through I'll pick up in a couple of weeks. I love my S5 though..

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wish I had your problems lads.................

My wife will hardly let me into our 3.2 TT :(

She loves the bloody thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you had any luck selling yet?
Only ask 'cos I'm doing the same. Exactly the same spec, but with 9000 miles on mine.
If anyone's looking for a fantastic S5, fully loaded, but at a bargin price and without having to wait for a new one call me 07803 614649.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would be interested to know what you guys get for your cars when you sell them, purely to understand what the residuals are like. The A5/S5 is not appearing on the Parkers guide yet even though it has been out for over 6 months now. :confused:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Have you had any luck selling yet?
Only ask 'cos I'm doing the same. Exactly the same spec, but with 9000 miles on mine.
If anyone's looking for a fantastic S5, fully loaded, but at a bargin price and without having to wait for a new one call me 07803 614649.
Why are you selling?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to hear guys but not a bad swap Blade S5 for a R8,keep us posted with pics m8 when arrives ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why are you selling?
'cos I just can't get on with it.
My main grief is that it's too damn uncomfortable. 5 -10 mins is the max I can stand before my right leg goes numb due to the angle it has to be to get to the throttle pedal.
Then there's the performance. Too quick to be fun. I'm no racing driver, and don't have the skills to throw a car sideways, but I do like the feeling of provoking a mild drift, and then holding it there, just before the ESP cuts in. In six months of ownership I hardly been able to do this cos the S5 just won't let go at sensible speeds, you need to be going 80 -100mph plus before the car comes alive, and I think that's too fast to drive on the public roads.
Also the Sat Nav doesn't work with postcodes, so if where you are going doesn't have a house number (and most businesses in the UK don't) then you need to know the name of the nearest intersection for the Sat Nav to be of any use. Well if I knew the nearest intersection, I wouldn't need the nav to get me there would i?
The list goes on. Basically lots of little things that get on my tits, and that means it has to go.
Offers anyone??

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can understand getting rid of your s5 for an r8 but you are the only person I have came across who didnt find the car comfortable.The sat nav issue is a bit disappointing as you would think audi would have this kind of problem sorted out.What is your next car Chas?

·
Registered
157 Posts
however i second the comment about the seats; while they seem comfortable for a short while (for me, up to an hour) after a long journey i am very uncomfortable due to the angle of the seat base, which prevents me getting my legs straight.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ALI, I'm looking at a 350z, Alfa Bera or going back to a TT. Anyone have any comments or experience of any of these?
Ianhp1, the postcode thing: You can enter the first two letters and the first set of numbers of a UK postcode, and no more than that. It will not acknowledge the second set of numbers nor the last set of letters. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M WRONG ABOUT THIS, AND THAT IT CAN BE DONE AFTER ALL.
The sat nav will then search using the limited info that it has accepted, and unfortunately from that it can get no closer than the town or city that you are searching for. You still need to enter the street name, and after that it needs you to enter a house number or intersection with another road before it can get close.
You'd be amazed how many addresses start 'xyz House' not 'Number 123' and so you can't use the Sat Nav to do anything other than find you the road you need -which, IMHO, for near enough £2000 is a bit cr*p.
fraser, thanks! I thought I was the only person it the world whose body doesn't fit an S5.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
however i second the comment about the seats; while they seem comfortable for a short while (for me, up to an hour) after a long journey i am very uncomfortable due to the angle of the seat base, which prevents me getting my legs straight.
Seems strange you can't adjust it to a comfortable angle... there's a large range of adjustment isn't there?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
ALI, I'm looking at a 350z, Alfa Bera or going back to a TT. Anyone have any comments or experience of any of these?
Ianhp1, the postcode thing: You can enter the first two letters and the first set of numbers of a UK postcode, and no more than that. It will not acknowledge the second set of numbers nor the last set of letters. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M WRONG ABOUT THIS, AND THAT IT CAN BE DONE AFTER ALL.
The sat nav will then search using the limited info that it has accepted, and unfortunately from that it can get no closer than the town or city that you are searching for. You still need to enter the street name, and after that it needs you to enter a house number or intersection with another road before it can get close.
You'd be amazed how many addresses start 'xyz House' not 'Number 123' and so you can't use the Sat Nav to do anything other than find you the road you need -which, IMHO, for near enough £2000 is a bit cr*p.
fraser, thanks! I thought I was the only person it the world whose body doesn't fit an S5.
I test drove the brera... was great... just abit to small for me and too steep on finance because of the residuals, but it would be my second choice after the S5... especially if you have Autodelta supercharge it to 340 HP.

Don't get the 350z... it's not even in the same class as the Brera or S5.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Chas TT, I part xed a 350z for the s5, I loved it ,The sound, the looks everything,Mine was red with the Nizmo kit and the rays on ,a real eyecatcher.The sound system was a lot louder than the Bang & O in the s5 cant remember what was in it but it was an upgrade,
It Didnt have all the gadgets but it drove great i actually prefered driving it to the s5.I know they have updated them now so not sure what they like inside ,hope they have got rid of the cassette player though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.