Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone on here gone for this combo? It looks quite nice on the Audi configurator but you never really know until you see it for real? If someone on here has this combo could they post up some pics for me please?

Many thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
it's been discussed before. I think it's not to most people's taste on here, certainly not mine.

It would maybe suit a different style of car and different exterior colour, but if you like it, by all means go for it!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always liked cars in black or grey with red leather interior, I was actually going to order this option if I'd have ordered the BMW but Cinnamon is about as close to red as I can find on the configurator so I was just interested to see if anyone else has opted for this choice of colours?

·
Registered
714 Posts
From the other posts on here, including some with pics, the Cinnamon is not close to red. Most are describing it as a toffee/caramel colour.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i MUST BE REALLY ODD - I HAVE ORDERED IT ALL BEIT IN BRILLIAN TBLACK AND CINNAMON - SPORTS SPEC (WHICH IS NOT ACTUALLY AVAIBALE IN THE BROCHURE - BUT THE SYSTEM ACCEPTED IT AS I COULD NOT BELIEVE A COMBO ON THE STD COULD NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE SPORT???

I HAVE NOT GOT IT YET SO COULD NOT TELL YOU - BUT I NEVER LIKE TO BE THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE - JUST ON THAT IT WILL BE COOL!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi,

there are some good pic on the photos section on this site follow this tread

Photos & Videos » Any S5 cinnamon brown interiors out there???

shows sport seats in cinanamon (i have gone for these) and the standard ones which are the only ones listed on the brochure

thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I spotted these earlier, thanks for looking though! :D
I still think it would be a good option to go for, just don't want to have problems later on being able to sell it because it's not to everyones taste.....?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I was going to go for this option myself, but on the sport seats it doesnt look right, the brown on the S5 seats looks great. But the cinnamon in real life looks, well its not very pleasant, basically a sicky yellow/orange. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless the photos on the threads don't really show the colour that well I think the cinnamon actually looks like a dark brown which, I think, would look good on a black car. It's only my opinion and that's why I wanted to see if anyone out there has gone for this option so I can see what they think to it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ordered cinnamon with deep sea blue - didn't want boring black interior. There was a silver A5 at the Detroit auto show (and probably the other shows) with cinnamon interior (not even a configurator option, and also had non-standard wheels. I think I have a picture of the interior, but I may not be able to get to it tonight.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have Brilliant Black with Cinnamon Brown and I absolutely love the color combo. I don't give a rat's *ss about whether it's to anyone's liking but my own, quite honestly. :) I ordered that color combo for me, because it's what I wanted.

I've been waiting for a friend of mine who has a great camera to take some pics of my interior (so I could add them, as requested, to my exterior pics recently posted in the "Members Cars" thread), but he hasn't been available lately. So, I had another friend with a pretty decent camera take the pics below. (My camera is not great and I need to get a new one.) The pics below represent the interior color fairly accurately when viewed in the sun and in the shade.

I included the last pic (not my car) to give you an idea of what a Phantom Black A5 looks like from the rear with Cinnamon Brown interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm with Abzy and Tx on this one, I think it looks great and I'm 99% sure I'm going for it, with Ibis white. I had the same issue as Abzy in that the dealer at first said it wasn't available on the Sport, (as it's not shown in the brochure), but after checking the configurator on the website confirmed it was. Brochure also doesn't show the 20" RS4 style wheel option which is on the configurator?! :confused:

It may not be to everyone's taste but I personally don't like very pale interiors, (silver/grey or beige for example), and don't want boring black again.
I had tan interiors on 2 Alfa's and a Corrado VR6 in the past, but it wasn't an option on the Brera I've got at present so I had to have charcoal...very boring so I want something different this time!:D

Like somebody else said, it's your car so if you like it go for it, doubt it'll make it harder to sell on?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
oh dear..... no i really dont like this choice :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
And this is why they offer options, people have different tastes and want to be able to tailor the car to them!
Personally I wouldn't have silver with black again as I'm bored of it and it's a very common combo, but I wouldn't knock anyone that does! :D :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are excellent and this website is the nuts, thanks to everyone that's replied! :D

TXcarguy - If you opt for the cinnamon interior do you get that walnut effect trim on the doors and gear shift automatically or did you pay extra for it? I'm not a great lover of walnut trim so this may put me off if it comes as standard with cinnamon? :confused:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You're welcome.

In the U.S., we're not given a choice for the color of the wood inlays on the center console and doors when it comes to the A5. Depending upon the color interior you choose, the A5 inlay will be a certain color.

This is what we get in the U.S. on the A5:

Cinnamon Brown interior = Laurel Nutmeg Brown wood
Black interior = Dark Brown Walnut wood
Light Gray interior = Dark Brown Walnut wood
Linen Beige = Almond Ash Beige wood

Keep in mind that the above applies to the U.S. only. Folks in some other countries are given the option to choose the inlay. For instance, I have a UK brochure that shows where an Aluminum Hologram inlay comes standard on the A5 and other inlays are available as an option. Just check with your local dealer to confirm what options you have.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts