Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my car is gunna be-Phantom Black/Magma red...........but i really would like to have wood inlays because (im a freak) and when i drive sometimes i like to knock on wood for goodluck lol........but i have no idea how the magma red will look with vavona wood.......i was thinking carbon fiber-but im curious to see what the magma looks like with the wood...any pics?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Vavona Wood- Fail

Carbon Fiber- Win

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Dont go with the wood. You might like it but dealers/people wont if and when you come to sell the car. If you need to knock on wood then keep a lump of 4x2 in the glovebox

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kaz, I don't have pics but I love my carbon fiber/magma combo. Never a second thought.
S.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stavros...greek?...........my family is originally from cyprus

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
OK... BY FAR the best inlay is the stainless mesh. It really does look the mutts. I saw it on the demonstrator and just went 'wow'! I didn't order it though as it was too expensive (tight budget!) and I also really like the aluminum as standard because it goes with the other 'silvery bits' on the car. Carbon looks plasticky and contrived (sorry Ess and Spinner, but it does to me!) and wood just looks wrong in this car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you want to get Wood inlay than u can ask about the Audi Exclusive Wood inlay - its really goodlooking :) ... but ofc its far more expensive

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Carbon looks plasticky and contrived (sorry Ess and Spinner, but it does to me!)
You old fuddy-duddy! What's not to like about tastefully-applied, genuine CF in your motor? Particularly in comparison to a bit of old steel? Plus, it means that mine and Matt's centre console and doors weigh considerably less than yours, which in turn means that we can open and close our doors quicker. Plus the CF door inlays add further side-impact protection.

The advantages are numerous and clear to see.

Carbon Fibre über alles!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i was thinking carbon fiber-but im curious to see what the magma looks like with the wood...any pics?
Here's a pic I was able to track down of an A5. Obviously the seats are different than the S5, but it will give you an idea of the look.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Here's a pic I was able to track down of an A5. Obviously the seats are different than the S5, but it will give you an idea of the look.

Not really to my taste. The colour of the seats are sporty, yet the wood is in complete contrast to that.

It's gotta be either carbon or aluminium hologram in my opinion, in order for it to tie in with red leather. On the other hand, if the wood is a neccesity, then linen beige leather would probably look much better.

What would also annoy me is the fact that the plastic around the MMI screen and the dials is silver, and that contrasting with the wood just looks like a bit of a mish-mash.

My opinion, of course, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i agree with rab, just doesnt go :( i love the red thou :cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now I'm wondering if I should even do the sporty interior or go classical/luxury.......

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
now I'm wondering if I should even do the sporty interior or go classical/luxury.......
sporty! how old are you??? and its a sports car :rolleyes: not a hard decission is it :confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good point Jen lol, should I worry about resale with red interior?

·
Registered
491 Posts
good point Jen lol, should I worry about resale with red interior?
resale isnt gonna be bad for the magma interior. it seems like its the hottest color right now. plus its YOUR car get what you want, you'll worry about resale when the time comes lol enjoy it while you can!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.