Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new here! Im in the market for an A5! I’ve looked at almost all variants from the 1.8 tfsi to the 3.0 v6 TDI. I probably average about 15k miles a year. And every other weekend I drive about 2 and a half hours at least on the motorway. My budget is around 5/6k and I feel like for the money a diesel is better as For the money I’ll be getting a car with 80k+ miles. But can anyone help/advise me?
many thanks
Tom

·
Registered
115 Posts
For that kind of cash you looking at a B8 model. The B8.5 maybe outside that price range.

If you choose the petrol route you will be faced with CDNC engine which is a minefield. I would not recommend it unless you do your homework.

Saying that I do have a 2009 TFSI engine and its done 2k miles before oil message appeared so can't complain.

Hopefully other petrol and diesel owners will give some views :)

·
Registered
2015 A5 3.0Tdi black s line spec edition NOW 2021 45Tfsi Edition 1 sound pack
385 Posts
3.0tdi getting almost 30mpg in mainly outer london traffic , massive mpg on long moorwy trips

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I am biased but the models to go for in the A5 is the 3.0 tdi or the S5 :)

The 4 pot petrols seem to be ok with the oil issues.

5-6k will get you 130k miler pre-face lift or a high mileage low spec face lift. Not checked recently, but I sold my 2009 3.0tdi with 115k miles for 6k 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I'm also in the market for an A5 similar type of budget so thought I'd jump on this posts. Recently looked at a 2.0 tdi 59 plate with 125k on the clock. Anyone had issues with higher mileage cars? Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got a 60 plate 2.0 tdi with 125k and she still drives beautifully.

Check the history for anything too scary and factor in if a cambelt and waterpump change is required.

These are great cars and if looked after will run and run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in the market for an A5! I’ve looked at almost all variants from the 1.8 tfsi to the 3.0 v6 TDI. I probably average about 15k miles a year.
I bought a 2012 3.0 TDI 201cv Quattro back in 2015, had a remap, and have had a reliable, comfortable and performant car. These days I don't do much mileage only about 10k km a year. On a mixed run easily getting 40 mpg and over 50 mpg on the motorway. I have had only one issue and that was having to replace the GPS aerial, and tyres. With the Quattro system I do tend to take advantage of the grip and torque (620nm), and MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 have tended to last about 30k km although I never take them down to legal limits.
Heartily recommend the low-power 3.0 diesel with a remap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts