Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I cant set my mind on a E92 325i, or a B8 (A5) 1.8TFSI ????

Small engines I know, but young age in the UK = Rediculous insurance quotes!

Persuade me to a A5, Im leaning over the E92 cos of the looks and it drives awsome...

I know there's been a few issue with the A5 such as:

Leather problem, noises, interior to bright?, LED's not lasting?

You guys tell me... Sweet talk me into a A5, so if I ordered one, Il be 100% possitive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well I don't know what to say if you think the bmw is better looking. However the interior of the A5 is much more modern, and if you are comparing the IMI the Audi is much better - on my bmw demonstration the salesman could not find his way back to the garage for a while because he could not program the sat nav quickly. The LEDs will last a long time, but some might fail initially while the car is under warranty. The A5 is a more sophisticated car imho, it will keep its value better and it will not be the choice of so many reps that take the bmw. However if you value cornering speed and i expect a small power advantage over that, then for you the bmw is better :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem I tested the BMW and yes it drives well.
I owned a BMW320coupe for 3 year before going to a Audi TT for the last 3 years and I just feel that current BMW are the Ford of the 90's and you see so many of them. The A5 is new you don't see one on every corner and I feel the resale value will be excellent in 3 years as they are in short supply currently so the 3 year old ones will be popular in the second hand market.
I've order the A5 1.8TFSi Sport in quartz grey plus some extra's and take delivery 1st March (I hope). Cost wise you get more for your £ with A5 and if you get 2 dealers wanting your business you can get a 5% discount aswell.
But at the end of the day is your call.
:)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I can persuade you...

... buy an S5 or I'll boil your dog.

There... persuaded? ;)

Seriously though... I'm an out and out Audi man, so obviusly biased, however, I keep looking over the fence and thinking "you know they really are jolly good those beemers", but two things stop me taking them seriously...

1) The styling... just not as pretty as Audi

2) Every Tom Dick and Harry has one. As soon as people can afford a top of the range Ford Focus, they buy a bottom of the range 3 series and put M alloys on as some sort of "I've made it" statement... It's just not quite as exclusive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was, and probably still am, a BMW man...but the E92 styling left me very underwhelmed. I am not a big fan of the rest of the Audi range (R8 excluded) but the A5 is a stunning car and despite several trips between the dealerships the A5 got my vote hands down...no regrets

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... Today I went to the Audi showroom, and it only had the crap models in with out the sat nav which is the biggest selling point for me haha!, I asked to take out the Demo, but they said to me it was broke "The key hole keep spitting the key out!!!" I was like great, thats excellent.... another problem from the A5, and then I went to BMW show room and looked at the 3er as really liked it, but then saw the 6er and just fallen in love! So now its 3er, A5 and the 6er... but I really like the gizmo from the A5 which is awsome, and very exclusive car ofcourse, just when you see one, your jaw is like scrapping the floor!

What colour for A5? White? Grey? Black? So hard.... I going to head over to the gallary sector now for some inspo!

Bye!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I can persuade you...

... buy an S5 or I'll boil your dog.

There... persuaded? ;)

Seriously though... I'm an out and out Audi man, so obviusly biased, however, I keep looking over the fence and thinking "you know they really are jolly good those beemers", but two things stop me taking them seriously...

1) The styling... just not as pretty as Audi

2) Every Tom Dick and Harry has one. As soon as people can afford a top of the range Ford Focus, they buy a bottom of the range 3 series and put M alloys on as some sort of "I've made it" statement... It's just not quite as exclusive.
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.