Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I have done 5k miles in my 3.0 tdi. I have got 36.6 mpg to date (that includes quite a few motorway miles, at least 40%), and I cant re enact a 0-62 of less than 7.5 secs....
both figs well below published, what do you think?
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The 0-62mph figure seems a bit out.

I think if you're looking for a good figure, you need to make sure of such things:

• Make sure the tyres are hot, and not over inflated. You'll get a better launch with tyres which are under-inflated!
  • Turn the computer off.
  • Make sure you have the luggage compartment empty, and no unnecessary weight.
  • Make sure you're on a flat, even surface
  • Deduct your own response time (This could average between 0.3 and 0.7secs)
  • Don't have a FULL tank of fuel.
  • Use higher performance fuel (Such as Shell V-Power Diesel ... similar to what's used on the Le Man's Audi)
  • Launch with RPM of between 3000-4000 (my suggestion)
  • And of course, make sure it's a dry surface which isn't greasy.

The Fuel figures you're getting are around the same as me, combined. However, if I reset it on the motorway/highway, i'll average around 42mpg. And that's it being driven quite spiritfully.

In all honesty, I don't think 5k miles is enough for a car to be able to reach it's full performance. But I guess we'll see that in a few weeks to come... my car's sitting at 3.7k and i'm gonna put it on the dyno to see what it gets.

Rab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.