Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the A5 3.2 fsi have a performace chip upgrade? Of what I can see its only available for 3.0 and down. If you know of any please send some links or info where I can get it from? Oh and if anyone has any suggestions for 19" wheels for the A5 sports line your suggestions and options would be welcome.!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sure, it could, but the reason being for performance chips being mostly for the "smaller" engines is the existence of turbo in them (1.8 turbo, 3.0 turbo diesel etc.)...

3.2 is naturally aspirated and any performance chip upgrade by nature would be insignificant, maybe more like adjusting engine characteristics (smoothness etc.) than actual performance, which might only be improved by a tiny bit...

Not worth the trouble IMO for a 3.2. That doesn't mean one won't come up some day, maybe it will, and then we'll see... but judging from history, I wouldn't expect much.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, but because it is new Siemens ECU, everything is in testing phase right now, as I know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would like to see a chip bring the HP/TR levels to what the 3.2L FSI in the Q7 produces. 280HP and a bit more torque.

They are the same motors, just tuned differently. Why I'll never understand.

·
Registered
359 Posts
At 280 (v.s. 264), 16hp doesn't seem like an unlikely stretch, however, that same 16hp undergoes the same drivetrain loss. All things being equal though, it should be "noticable" but not like 50HP noticable with a supercharger.

If it's just tuning and no additional hardware (i.e. slightly larger throttle body), then I would like to see a before and after numbers in the real world; 0-60, 1/4 mile, passing 60-80, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheels ?

`So what d u guys suggest on 19"???
I have the 18' on at the moment and audi says that 20' will not go on my car if I have the audi drive select option on the car...does anyone know if this is true...can I put 20'' with audi drive select installed on my car?

·
Registered
441 Posts
`So what d u guys suggest on 19"???
I have the 18' on at the moment and audi says that 20' will not go on my car if I have the audi drive select option on the car...does anyone know if this is true...can I put 20'' with audi drive select installed on my car?
PM ccompton before the end of this month, and see if you can jump on the I Forged deal (you'll thank him later). I should have my 19x9's classic anthracite I Forged any day now!:cool:

·
Registered
359 Posts
PM ccompton before the end of this month, and see if you can jump on the I Forged deal (you'll thank him later). I should have my 19x9's classic anthracite I Forged any day now!:cool:
Sapper424: can you "weigh" the rims once you got them. I'm doing some long-term comparison for replacement rims. Weight is a factor for my next set if I can gather the coin for a set of 4 with rubber!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sapper424: can you "weigh" the rims once you got them. I'm doing some long-term comparison for replacement rims. Weight is a factor for my next set if I can gather the coin for a set of 4 with rubber!
Hey got to your post to late... rims are getting fitted as I type. But I was amazed of how lite they are

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.