Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
looks suspect to me, 5 sales, all on the same day at the same time, signed up only a week or so ago.

+16 - 18 MILES/GALLON CITY
+19 - 21 MILES/GALLON HWY

lol your kidding me

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's a load of shite.

If it made that much difference, then the PHD bods at audi would be adding this to the car, not some cheap looking web-site

Basically, these modules 'trick' the ECU by cahnging the signal from the MAF (Mass Air-Flow) sensor. They do not make the car any more powerful, but do change how it responds to throttle input, making the car add less fuel and advance the timing more by thinking it is getting a different amount of air than it is (effectively offsetting the mapping)... It may feel 'racier' but at the end of the day it's no faster or more powerful but it is running hotter exhaust gasses and adding nasty stuff to the exhaust which will destroy your Lambda sensor after 20k miles.

...That's just my humble opinion of course.

·
Registered
415 Posts
mech eng. degree from a second-rate US university.
Well, I'm no fan of the Wolfpack, but I think it's a bit unfair to call NC State a second-rate university. Their engineering school is fairly well-regarded.

It doesn't negate any of your other valid points, but don't undermine your argument with shaky ad hominem attacks.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well, I'm no fan of the Wolfpack, but I think it's a bit unfair to call NC State a second-rate university. Their engineering school is fairly well-regarded.

It doesn't negate any of your other valid points, but don't undermine your argument with shaky ad hominem attacks.
My apologies Dave, ... intended to be witty, but you are right... actually derrogatory comment about NC state born from ignorance and no malice intended (will edit)... however, regarding the ad hominem attack, I'm not sure I'm guilty, as the site deliberately tries to use this degree and the person holding it as part of the reason you should purchase this product... to add some kind of 'credibility' or 'validity' to the prepostrous claims of the site. Therefore I'm actually adressing the arguement in hand.

I get really annoyed at this 'oh he must be right, he has a degree' attitude. Any degree is merely recognition that an individual has studied and demonstrated expertise in a specific area. In this case, an electronic sensing analogue sub-system affecting a major digital control system is being developed by a Mech-Eng graduate. What credibility there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.