Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

Im looking for a performance air filter with heat shield kit can anyone advise where i can get one, been looking but not much out there, thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a standard air box modded top only with a K&N lots of reasearch seamed to be best option.
hi when you say modded top only do you mean you drilled holes in the top box and what is the K&N filter like ?

·
Registered
474 Posts
K&N is louder and reminds you of the money spent. Plus you get to have plenty of opportunities to foul up your expensive MAF sensor when you clean it and spray it with too much oil.

But I don't know how much performance you can gain, unless you're doing something else that dramatically increases air flow requirement. I would love to see a dyno graph on the EA888 2.0T engine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
hi when you say modded top only do you mean you drilled holes in the top box and what is the K&N filter like ?
I removed a section and rteplaced with mesh. you can drill holes if you prefer. I have always uswed K&N right back to my Sierra XR 2.9 never had any issues, no bhp figures but feels to breath better, maybe just a feeling.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
814 Posts
I’ve tried swapping out to a K&N cone air filter and to be totally honest it sent my car haywire with the MAF sensor mis reading. Once I replaced it back to the original air filter the issue never came back.

I thought maybe it was a one off and did it again for research purposes and again the engine management light came back on with MAF sensor issue when I had the K&N filter.

well after clearing and going back to stock the second time it was fine!

Just my personal experience. Stay stock!

~Alex

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I removed a section and rteplaced with mesh. you can drill holes if you prefer. I have always uswed K&N right back to my Sierra XR 2.9 never had any issues, no bhp figures but feels to breath better, maybe just a feeling.
Hi

could you show me a picture of your setup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K&N is louder and reminds you of the money spent. Plus you get to have plenty of opportunities to foul up your expensive MAF sensor when you clean it and spray it with too much oil.

But I don't know how much performance you can gain, unless you're doing something else that dramatically increases air flow requirement. I would love to see a dyno graph on the EA888 2.0T engine.
Hi

I don’t want it for more performance mainly the sound I have already had a stage 1 map

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi

I don’t want it for more performance mainly the sound I have already had a stage 1 map
If you want more sound on your stage 1 remap would it not be safer to get a aftermarket exhaust fitted about £300.
Get shiny tail pipes and no MAF issues. I drive past this shop regularly and they have lot of expenive cars parked on the parking bays so must be half decent ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you want more sound on your stage 1 remap would it not be safer to get a aftermarket exhaust fitted about £300.
Get shiny tail pipes and no MAF issues. I drive past this shop regularly and they have lot of expenive cars parked on the parking bays so must be half decent ;)

Hi Sayek
Thanks for that I will look into it 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts