Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Pedal Spacer or Extension

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  spottwd 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there with a slightly challenged left leg that has been able to get an extension or spacer or whatever for the clutch pedal. I want to move the seat back for the sake of both my arms and right leg (accelerator and brake), but if I do the clutch becomes too far away.

All I have been able to find are extensions for very short folks or for the handicapped, and these extensions have a range of 2" to 6". I only need maybe 1/2" to 1".

Any recommendations to sources of "pre-builts" will be appreciated. Or, good suggestions on how to do it myself.

Please, not different shoes.

Thanks

#4 ·
Try a motobility shop where they might have things like this readily available. Failing that you may have to ask a metal shop to make something up for you.

#6 ·
I'm currently "in discussions" with the dealer. The Audi technical rep is supposed to be by this week and they'll ask him. I actually talked with them about putting another rubber pad with a boltable core on top of the existing pad.

Sure hope something works out and I can move further from the gas and brake pedals.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#7 ·
All this crap makes me even happier I have a TipTronic

#8 ·
Can you put in a clutch stop?

I was originally bothered by this too - it seems that the clutch when fully depressed is much further away from the seat than is the brake or gas pedal, which gives a sort of unbalanced feel as you shift. In my case I find that to be able to fully depress the clutch I have to adjust the seat so that my right leg is bent to the point that my thigh is almost rubbing the steering wheel. However, I've only had the car for three days, so I'm still learning how best to adjust things. One thing I've noticed is that you really don't have to depress the clutch all the way when you shift - it seems pressing it about half way is good enough. So if you can adjust your technique so that you're not trying to press the pedal all the way to the fire wall this may make it more comfortable for you. One other thought - I haven't had time to check whether this would work for Audi, but on my old BMW I had installed an after-market adjustable clutch stop, which allowed you to shorten the distance the pedal had to be depressed before it bottoms out. Perhaps you can find an adjustable clutch stop for the Audi?

#9 ·
Glad to see that I'm not the only one. Not that misery loves company, but I was beginning to think that my left leg had been deceiving me all these years and that I really was walking leaned over sideways.

Clutch stop/ Hmm. Thanks, I'll check.

If you figure out a "spacer/extension" in the mean time, plese let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.