Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has pearl silver interior let me know if it is difficult to keep the seats clean. I am worried about scuffs and stuff like that

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Its easy to keep clean as long as you clean it. The colour does not allow you to be lazy in the same way black does. Once a month wipeover will do the job nicely.

· Registered
59 Posts
I got the black/pearl silver alcantarra seats. The seats are actually white, not silver or gray, so I was dismayed that the color wasn't promoted accurately. They are fragile and I have had them treated and keep them covered and avoid jeans. They are interesting and resemble an orca whale but I wouldn't get them ever again.

· Registered
493 Posts
My car has silver interior and I would say that sometimes it gets dirty but seems like its not hard to clean it :)
Take it to nice carwashes and you won't regret the colour you have chosen

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Only had it for 3 weeks but so far a bit of leather cleaner every week has restored it perfectly. Biggest problem is denim when it 'bleeds' or gets wet. Not a huge problem and a very nice colour.

· Registered
151 Posts
ive got it and love it

Im sort of one the less obsessive, less meticulous, side of the posters here, but I do have a messier S.O. who also likes dark blue jeans. I didnt clean my seats for the first two-three months, but when I finally found the time to do it, it was easy. I used my leftover coach leather cleaner and conditioner (two steps) and it came out like new. The pearl silver is more off whitish, but I knew that going in (gotta do your homework with a site unseen purchase) and it will take on an even less white color over time that at first you wont really notice. But when you take out the cleaning supplies, you definitely will. The seat basically will get dirty on the side bolster from entry exit, and the seat, and front behind the legs. The back stays mostly clean, except somewhat up at top, and from hands grabbing it to get in the back. Despite some pretty dark stains from jeans on the passenger side, nothing was permanent, and after cleaning, there was no sign of any prior discoloration or dirt. I am most pleased with this, and expected much worse.

· Registered
135 Posts
I have the pearl silver interior as well -- would definitely get it again. It's beautiful and looks great although I've only had the car since March. However I can tell it's going to hold up fine. I use the leather kit that Audi sells on their website, which is a cleaner with foam applicator and conditioner for after cleaning. Unless you're a total slob the light interior of any vehicle is just fine.

· Registered
94 Posts
I have Silver Nappa too, (with silver headlining throughout the car). It's what I'd call ivory and must confess even after choosing a light colour interior in my last 2 cars, I was a still little concerned I might have made a mistake ordering such a light colour and feared it would be too hard to keep clean. I needn't have worried. It stays remarkably clean but as others have said here, damp denim will stain it easily but that cleaned off with ease and after 5000 kms the drivers seat still looks brand new (but then so it should after so little use!) I think the seats have been wiped over with what remains of my BMW foam leather cleaner twice during this time. Regrets? None. But I don't have kids and don't ever have to give rides to anyone wearing dirty clothes. (I'd refuse anyway!) I think it looks fabulous. At the time I got my car the detail guys at my dealership had never seen this colour combo choice and they all thought it looked the best of any they'd previously seen. But then maybe they were just telling me what I wanted to hear!

· Registered
70 Posts
i think it really comes down to how often you get in and out of the vehicle. on the days i drive it i am in and out of the car fairly often and i would say most of the dirt shown (not very noticeable) is limited to the driver seat. some people make fun of me for removing my belt when i get in but i had a light pearl color in an a4 several years ago that began to show dye from the leather belts i wore. don't want to deal with that again. as far as cleaning i use the audi leather cleaner products every other car wash or so mostly for the driver seat and things still look and smell new as ever. i love the color from both inside and out though.

· Registered
436 Posts
There mostly likely will be a blue residue that comes off from a new pair of jeans as I have found out on my Pearl Silver interior.

Even a clean with leather conditioner such as Meguiars from Walmart will clean it up quite nicely.. I wouldn't recommend eating in the car because it seems like the interior is an absolute magnetic for stains and also with the color, you can see every little crub and etc. you drop..

After even a 45 minute trip in jeans, the seats seem to show some blue tint... So you have to clean them every now and then..

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Repeat post have now had car for 3 months and not a big issue so far a bit of leather cleaner every week has restored it perfectly. Biggest problem is denim when it 'bleeds' or gets wet. Not a huge problem and a very nice colour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.